Jay-Z Enjoyed Doing Drug Dealing
Jay-Z has fond memories of his years as a drug dealer on the streets of New York - insisting he had "fun" selling crack cocaine. The "99 Problems" hitmaker started peddling illegal substances at the age of 12 as he grew up in a tough area of Brooklyn, but finally turned his back on the trade when his rap career took off.
And he is adamant supplying crack on street corners was "usually" enjoyable, comparing it to socializing with colleagues around an office watercooler. In his memoirs, "Jay-Z Decoded", the rapper writes, "It may sound strange, but it was usually a fun way to spend time. I got to hang out on the block with my crew, talking, cracking jokes. You know how people in office jobs talk at the watercooler? This job was almost all watercooler."
"But when you weren't having fun, it was hell. I got out just in time. Some of my best friends weren't so lucky."
More Jay-Z News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie