Dave Stewart Slams Rihanna's Performance at AMAs
British rocker Dave Stewart has launched a drunken broadside against music industry bosses, accusing them of ruining young talent in a desperate bid to make money. The former Eurythmics star was jetlagged and boozing as he watched the American Music Awards on TV on Sunday night, November 21, and he became infuriated with the show, branding it "c**p".
He blasted Rihanna for singing "ridiculous songs", slammed the "spiraling" standards of young modern acts, and insisted the show reminded him "of when I injected amphetamines in my tearduct". And the rocker now wants to launch his own TV music program in the U.S. to showcase new talent and pay tribute to legendary artists.
In a prolonged rant on his Twitter.com blog, Stewart writes, "We used to have amazing artists now it's f**king ridiculous, record labels are to blame... Rihanna I'm sure you could be interesting but what the f**k are you doing, who the hell is writing these ridiculous songs... I suppose I'm drunk and shouldn't be watching AMAs."
"What the f**k has happened, we need artists directly communicating with their fans, get rid of the media companies f**king it up, greedy pigs... I had to stop watching as it reminded me of when I injected amphetamines in my tearduct."
"I love new young artists with something to say, in any style of music. What would [John] Lennon think if he was alive, he would throw up... F**king TV crap, everyone is in a panic (partly by the way is because 90 per cent of music is now downloaded for free) so spiraling downwards... OK I'm going to try (to) get a music TV show on USA TV network, amazing legend artists and new artists each week, I will choose and be host. I can't just complain and not do anything so I need to get (a) TV show... Signing off with last comment, bring back "sex and drugs and rock n roll" better than "botox, t**s and autotune."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says