Dave Stewart Slams Rihanna's Performance at AMAs
British rocker Dave Stewart has launched a drunken broadside against music industry bosses, accusing them of ruining young talent in a desperate bid to make money. The former Eurythmics star was jetlagged and boozing as he watched the American Music Awards on TV on Sunday night, November 21, and he became infuriated with the show, branding it "c**p".
He blasted Rihanna for singing "ridiculous songs", slammed the "spiraling" standards of young modern acts, and insisted the show reminded him "of when I injected amphetamines in my tearduct". And the rocker now wants to launch his own TV music program in the U.S. to showcase new talent and pay tribute to legendary artists.
In a prolonged rant on his Twitter.com blog, Stewart writes, "We used to have amazing artists now it's f**king ridiculous, record labels are to blame... Rihanna I'm sure you could be interesting but what the f**k are you doing, who the hell is writing these ridiculous songs... I suppose I'm drunk and shouldn't be watching AMAs."
"What the f**k has happened, we need artists directly communicating with their fans, get rid of the media companies f**king it up, greedy pigs... I had to stop watching as it reminded me of when I injected amphetamines in my tearduct."
"I love new young artists with something to say, in any style of music. What would [John] Lennon think if he was alive, he would throw up... F**king TV crap, everyone is in a panic (partly by the way is because 90 per cent of music is now downloaded for free) so spiraling downwards... OK I'm going to try (to) get a music TV show on USA TV network, amazing legend artists and new artists each week, I will choose and be host. I can't just complain and not do anything so I need to get (a) TV show... Signing off with last comment, bring back "sex and drugs and rock n roll" better than "botox, t**s and autotune."
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'
- 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Iconic Character Holly Golightly to Become a Merchandise Queen