Kelly Osbourne Wanted to Do Gastric Band Operation to Lose Weight
Kelly Osbourne was so depressed about her fluctuating weight she considered undergoing a drastic gastric band operation to slim down. The reality TV star has lost 48 pounds following her stint on TV talent show "Dancing with the Stars" last year and was rumored to have shed the weight with the help of a surgeon.
Osbourne admits she was tempted to have the operation to reduce the size of her stomach but insists she was too "terrified" to have a gastric band fitted. She tells British newsman Piers Morgan, "I got really fat, because I stopped doing drugs. I had just gotten out of rehab and I had been living in America again..."
"I went to a doctor about having a gastric band because that is what my mum did and I asked my mum to take me. I was just too terrified to do it. I thought it would make me miserable if I did have it because you can't eat anything, five bites and then you are full. Where's the fun in that? It's boring."
In the same occasion, Kelly Osbourne blames herself for Ozzy Osbourne's near-fatal quad bike accident in England in 2003 - because he was only in the country so he could promote their duet, "Changes". The former Black Sabbath frontman stopped breathing and went into a coma after crashing the vehicle on his British country estate while his wife, Sharon Osbourne, was battling cancer in America.
And Kelly admits she still feels responsible for the crash, because her dad didn't want to leave the family's Los Angeles base to promote their father/daughter collaboration in the U.K. She tells British broadcaster Piers Morgan, "I had a mum in the hospital in L.A. and a dad in hospital in London... God that was hard. It was hard enough facing losing my mum and then facing losing my dad as well all in the same time."
"I blamed myself because I was, like, 'If I hadn't done the single with my dad, my dad wouldn't have been here promoting it. He didn't even want to promote it anyway and then he wouldn't have had the accident and it's all my fault.' "
"My dad was in a coma for two weeks and I had to sign this piece of paper that said, basically, you can do what you want to him and it's OK if he dies and I didn't want to sign it... it was just horrible. I'm just so glad that time of our lives is done."
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans