Peter Sellers Offered Britt Ekland Marijuana on Their First Date
Legendary comedian/actor Peter Sellers tried to charm actress Britt Ekland by offering her marijuana on their first date - but she passed out. The former Bond girl, who was married to Sellers for four years until 1968, first met the funnyman at The Dorchester Hotel in London, where they were both staying.
"Pink Panther" star Sellers tried to woo Ekland by offering her drugs on their first outing, but she soon fell asleep. The Swedish star, who is taking part in U.K. reality show "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!", recalled to her fellow contestants on the series, "He came to the front of the hotel and drove us to Leicester Square and we went to see a film called The Pink Panther, which he was in, and I was very impressed because we didn't have to pay for it. It was fantastically funny."
"Then we went back to his hotel and his suite and everyone smoked in those days and he said, 'Do you smoke?' and I said yes and I'm puffing away on a cigarette. And he said 'Have you ever smoked one of these?' and it was marijuana. I knew nothing about drugs, I hadn't seen anything about drugs in Sweden. So I smoked it and held it and I don't remember anything more."
But Sellers showed his romantic side the morning by filling Ekland's room with flowers and leaving her a quirky note. She adds, "I woke up the next morning in my own bed fully clothed with everything on but the whole room was covered in flowers. Everywhere. And I thought 'Oh my God, my fans, they love me. They sent me flowers.' And I'm looking for a card and I found a card and it said, 'Hope you slept well, (from Sellers' Pink Panther character) Inspector Clouseau.' "
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs