Angelina Jolie Offers to Head Fundraising Appeals to Help Flood Victims in Italy
Kind-hearted actress Angelina Jolie has pledged to help victims of severe flooding near her Italian home. The "Tomb Raider" star, who owns a house in Italy's north-east Veneto region with partner Brad Pitt, has reportedly donated cash after the area suffered rising water levels following a spate of heavy rains.
Several residents have been forced to abandon their home, while others had to be rescued after becoming trapped by the floods. And Jolie has also offered to head fundraising appeals to help boost efforts to overcome the floods, reports Britain's The Daily Telegraph.
Angelina Jolie is well known for her philanthropic efforts beside acting in front of camera. She is one of the founding members of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which makes donation to philanthropic projects and helps those in need.
More Angelina Jolie News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie