Angelina Jolie Offers to Head Fundraising Appeals to Help Flood Victims in Italy
Kind-hearted actress Angelina Jolie has pledged to help victims of severe flooding near her Italian home. The "Tomb Raider" star, who owns a house in Italy's north-east Veneto region with partner Brad Pitt, has reportedly donated cash after the area suffered rising water levels following a spate of heavy rains.
Several residents have been forced to abandon their home, while others had to be rescued after becoming trapped by the floods. And Jolie has also offered to head fundraising appeals to help boost efforts to overcome the floods, reports Britain's The Daily Telegraph.
Angelina Jolie is well known for her philanthropic efforts beside acting in front of camera. She is one of the founding members of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which makes donation to philanthropic projects and helps those in need.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video