Angelina Jolie Offers to Head Fundraising Appeals to Help Flood Victims in Italy
Kind-hearted actress Angelina Jolie has pledged to help victims of severe flooding near her Italian home. The "Tomb Raider" star, who owns a house in Italy's north-east Veneto region with partner Brad Pitt, has reportedly donated cash after the area suffered rising water levels following a spate of heavy rains.
Several residents have been forced to abandon their home, while others had to be rescued after becoming trapped by the floods. And Jolie has also offered to head fundraising appeals to help boost efforts to overcome the floods, reports Britain's The Daily Telegraph.
Angelina Jolie is well known for her philanthropic efforts beside acting in front of camera. She is one of the founding members of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which makes donation to philanthropic projects and helps those in need.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'