Angelina Jolie Offers to Head Fundraising Appeals to Help Flood Victims in Italy
Kind-hearted actress Angelina Jolie has pledged to help victims of severe flooding near her Italian home. The "Tomb Raider" star, who owns a house in Italy's north-east Veneto region with partner Brad Pitt, has reportedly donated cash after the area suffered rising water levels following a spate of heavy rains.
Several residents have been forced to abandon their home, while others had to be rescued after becoming trapped by the floods. And Jolie has also offered to head fundraising appeals to help boost efforts to overcome the floods, reports Britain's The Daily Telegraph.
Angelina Jolie is well known for her philanthropic efforts beside acting in front of camera. She is one of the founding members of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which makes donation to philanthropic projects and helps those in need.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt