Angelina Jolie Offers to Head Fundraising Appeals to Help Flood Victims in Italy
Kind-hearted actress Angelina Jolie has pledged to help victims of severe flooding near her Italian home. The "Tomb Raider" star, who owns a house in Italy's north-east Veneto region with partner Brad Pitt, has reportedly donated cash after the area suffered rising water levels following a spate of heavy rains.
Several residents have been forced to abandon their home, while others had to be rescued after becoming trapped by the floods. And Jolie has also offered to head fundraising appeals to help boost efforts to overcome the floods, reports Britain's The Daily Telegraph.
Angelina Jolie is well known for her philanthropic efforts beside acting in front of camera. She is one of the founding members of the Jolie/Pitt Foundation which makes donation to philanthropic projects and helps those in need.
More Angelina Jolie News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie