Jake Gyllenhaal Plans Arctic Vacation for His 30th Birthday
Jake Gyllenhaal is planning a 30th birthday to remember - he's jetting off to the Arctic to face his fear of freezing temperatures and frightening mammals. The Hollywood star will celebrate the milestone in December and he's treating his family to an adventure in the Arctic Circle to scuba dive with walruses.
But Gyllenhaal admits there's another reason behind the icy excursion. He tells the New York Daily News, "The only reason I'm doing it is I wanted to do something that absolutely terrified me - killer whales and walruses and freezing cold water? That seems absolutely terrifying."
And the actor insists he's not worried about reaching the landmark age after a chat with his sister Maggie Gyllenhaal. He says, "I was talking to my sister the other day about being 30 and celebrating the life you've had up to this point. I feel there's a massive sort of sea change coming in myself and I'm psyched."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle