Anne Hathaway Impersonates Kate Middleton in Raunchy 'SNL' Sketch
Anne Hathaway stepped into the shoes of princess-to-be Kate Middleton this weekend when she joined Andy Samberg for a foul-mouthed spoof about the engagement of Prince William on hit U.S. comedy show "Saturday Night Live".
The Hollywood actress donned a cheap copy of Middleton's sapphire blue engagement dress to portray the British royal's new fiancee, opposite Samberg as William, during a raucous sketch on Saturday's episode. The segment saw William introduce her to his grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Phillip - played by Fred Armisen and Bill Hader, respectively.
During the sketch, Middleton told the monarch, "I love your grandson very much and I'm honored to join the Windsor family." But the royals turned on Middleton as soon as William left the room and adopted East London Cockney accents as they quizzed the brunette beauty about her real intentions and accused her of wanting a piece of the "palace action".
Armisen, as the Queen, said, "You think you can just show up and take over and do a bit of Queening?" But it was Hader's Prince Phillip impersonation which had Hathaway and viewers alike gaping in awe at his crass comments as he made references to William's mother, the late Diana, Princess of Wales; Grace Kelly, the late Princess of Monaco; and Sarah 'Fergie' Ferguson, the controversial ex-wife of Prince Andrew.
Phillip told Hathaway's Middleton, "When it comes to being a wife, when you're out there waving to a parade, you be Princess Di, you be Princess Grace. But in the bedroom think Fergie."
Hathaway also drew laughs in a sketch about fellow actress Katie Holmes, impersonating the "Batman Begins" star as she was questioned about everything from her transition from TV to Hollywood, her daughter Suri's fashion sense and her thoughts on Scientology. Some of the videos are below while the Kate Middleton sketch is protected by copyright.
- Opening Monologue
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance