Miranda Kerr Supports Anti-Suicide Following Personal Tragedy
Mum-to-be Miranda Kerr has thrown her support behind a telephone helpline in a bid to prevent young suicides - after a similar tragedy in her own family last year. The model, who is expecting a baby with husband Orlando Bloom in 2011, was devastated when one of her relatives committed suicide in 2009.
And she's backing Australia's Too Many, Too Soon initiative, which aims to give advice over the phone to upset youngsters. Kerr explains, "The sadness of losing someone, especially in these circumstances, is something we live with and continually question how it could have been prevented."
In the past few months, many celebrities have lent their faces for numerous anti-suicide campaigns such as Trevor Project. This came on the heels of a gay teen's death after he was bullied by his roommate.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown