Miranda Kerr Supports Anti-Suicide Following Personal Tragedy
Mum-to-be Miranda Kerr has thrown her support behind a telephone helpline in a bid to prevent young suicides - after a similar tragedy in her own family last year. The model, who is expecting a baby with husband Orlando Bloom in 2011, was devastated when one of her relatives committed suicide in 2009.
And she's backing Australia's Too Many, Too Soon initiative, which aims to give advice over the phone to upset youngsters. Kerr explains, "The sadness of losing someone, especially in these circumstances, is something we live with and continually question how it could have been prevented."
In the past few months, many celebrities have lent their faces for numerous anti-suicide campaigns such as Trevor Project. This came on the heels of a gay teen's death after he was bullied by his roommate.
More Miranda Kerr News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip