Miranda Kerr Supports Anti-Suicide Following Personal Tragedy
Mum-to-be Miranda Kerr has thrown her support behind a telephone helpline in a bid to prevent young suicides - after a similar tragedy in her own family last year. The model, who is expecting a baby with husband Orlando Bloom in 2011, was devastated when one of her relatives committed suicide in 2009.
And she's backing Australia's Too Many, Too Soon initiative, which aims to give advice over the phone to upset youngsters. Kerr explains, "The sadness of losing someone, especially in these circumstances, is something we live with and continually question how it could have been prevented."
In the past few months, many celebrities have lent their faces for numerous anti-suicide campaigns such as Trevor Project. This came on the heels of a gay teen's death after he was bullied by his roommate.
More Miranda Kerr News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?