Report: Teri Hatcher Leaving 'Desperate Housewives' for New Show
Teri Hatcher has quit her starring role on "Desperate Housewives", according to a U.K. report. The actress has played Susan Mayer in all seven series of the drama since it hit screens in the U.S. in 2004. But Hatcher has reportedly told executives at America's ABC network the next season will be her last, so she can work on a new show.
A source tells Britain's Mail on Sunday, "Teri has given in her notice and is making active preparations to move on. She has another production deal in the pipeline and she is in the early stages of developing a sitcom that she wants to start work on immediately after she finishes 'Desperate Housewives' - she wants a new show in time for the mid-January pilot season."
The publication also suggests Hatcher's co-star Felicity Huffman is planning to leave her role as Lynette Scavo after season eight. The report continues, "ABC hasn't announced its schedule yet because the future of the series is up in the air. Some of the crew are disappointed in Teri, they feel like she is abandoning the show that revived her career."
"Desperate Housewives can't really continue without Teri or Felicity because they need the original stars to pull in the ratings. She (Hatcher) says she had an amazing run on the show but feels it is time to move on to a project that she has more control over."
A spokesperson for ABC says, "We are working on the next season at the moment and we haven't got anything to say about the one after."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance