Wesley Snipes Remains Strong Ahead of Jail Sentence
Actor Wesley Snipes is remaining "strong and positive" ahead of his three-year jail sentence for tax evasion, according to his lawyer. The "Blade" star was found guilty of failing to file returns when he stood trial in 2008, but his lawyers appealed the verdict and he was freed on bail to challenge the ruling.
He lost the appeal in July and was due to surrender to authorities on September 2 - but U.S. District Court Judge Terrell Hodges granted him a postponement pending a retrial hearing this month. On Tuesday, November 16, Snipes' lawyer Daniel Meachum argued jurors in the 2008 trial had been biased against the star, amid allegations three members of the jury had made up their minds about the case before the court battle began.
Judge Hodges rejected the case for a new trial on Friday and Snipes was told he must turn himself in to federal authorities immediately to begin serving his sentence. The actor is "disappointed" about the "shocking" judgment - but is refusing to be downbeat about his impending prison term. Meachum tells the Orlando Sentinel, "It is just shocking. Wesley is very disappointed but staying strong and positive."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'