Clinic Treating Amy Winehouse and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers Is Fined
Bosses at a U.K. rehab centre attended by Amy Winehouse and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers have been fined $57,000 for treating patients without obtaining a proper license. District Judge Cooper criticized the owners of the Causeway Retreat for being "scandalously negligent, if not downright misleading and fraudulent" in a ruling at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court, England on Friday, November 19.
Managers of the private hospital on Osea Island in Essex, England pleaded guilty to two charges of carrying on a medical service that was unregistered with the Care Quality Commission. The judge ordered them to pay $12,000 in fines and $45,000 in costs.
Experts at the clinic, which closed in May, treated clients including Winehouse and Rhys Meyers for alleged addiction problems.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3