Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'