Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic