Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell