Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy