Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake