Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville