Take That and Cheryl Cole Team Up for Children Fundraising Event
British stars Take That and Cheryl Cole helped raise more than $27 million for charity as part of the annual Children in Need fundraiser on Friday, November 19 The seven-hour U.K. TV appeal saw a host of stars including Take That, Susan Boyle, Kylie Minogue and Sir Tom Jones put in appearances to urge viewers to make donations.
More than $27 million was raised by the end of the evening - but organizers are hoping to beat last year's total of $58.5 million once all the donations are counted. David Ramsden, chief executive of Children in Need, says, "In these tough times the millions raised... will make a real difference to thousands of young lives right across the U.K. On behalf of the children I would like to thank everyone for their incredible generosity."
Proceeds will benefit disadvantaged children and young people in Britain.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards