'Twilight' Star Bronson Pelletier Recovering After Attacked at Fans Convention
"Twilight" star Bronson Pelletier is recovering after he was attacked by a group of drunken men at a fan convention in Birmingham, England. The actor, who plays werewolf Jared in the franchise, was left with a broken nose after he was confronted in the restroom of the Hilton Metropole Hotel while attending the Eternal Twilight 4 event.
Chaos broke out as the 24 year old was hit over the skull, headbutted and held in a headlock before he managed to free himself. Four alleged attackers, who were guests at a wedding reception in the hotel, were then chased by police officers and one was restrained after cops used a Taser gun.
A spokesman for West Midlands Police confirms four men were arrested on suspicion of assault. Two were released and two were granted bail pending further questioning, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph.
A source tells the publication, "Bronson was really angry and upset... These guys were very nasty. They were so drunk they probably didn't even realise they were picking on a Hollywood actor. The convention was full of teenage girls and geeks desperate to see their Twilight heroes so no one expected this sort of trouble."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences