'Twilight' Star Bronson Pelletier Recovering After Attacked at Fans Convention
"Twilight" star Bronson Pelletier is recovering after he was attacked by a group of drunken men at a fan convention in Birmingham, England. The actor, who plays werewolf Jared in the franchise, was left with a broken nose after he was confronted in the restroom of the Hilton Metropole Hotel while attending the Eternal Twilight 4 event.
Chaos broke out as the 24 year old was hit over the skull, headbutted and held in a headlock before he managed to free himself. Four alleged attackers, who were guests at a wedding reception in the hotel, were then chased by police officers and one was restrained after cops used a Taser gun.
A spokesman for West Midlands Police confirms four men were arrested on suspicion of assault. Two were released and two were granted bail pending further questioning, according to Britain's Daily Telegraph.
A source tells the publication, "Bronson was really angry and upset... These guys were very nasty. They were so drunk they probably didn't even realise they were picking on a Hollywood actor. The convention was full of teenage girls and geeks desperate to see their Twilight heroes so no one expected this sort of trouble."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie