Cher: I Should Have Had Children When I Was Older
Pop superstar Cher regrets trying to juggle motherhood with her chart-topping career in the 1970s and believes she would have been a better parent if she'd waited several years to start a family. The "Believe" hitmaker and her first husband Sonny Bono welcomed daughter Chastity in 1969, when the singer was just 23 and their double act Sonny & Cher was at the height of its success.
She later married rocker Gregg Allman and had a second child, son Elijah, in 1976. But Cher was often so busy balancing her job as an entertainer and a mother, she fears she failed to lavish her kids with the attention they needed.
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", the 64-year-old says, "I have been a good mother in fits and starts, but when you do work like mine, and I'm like most working mothers - they never feel like they're doing a good job because they're never able to devote enough time. I have a lot of regrets about my parenting... Maybe I should have had children when I was older." The "20/20" chat airs on Friday night, November 19.
More Cher News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says