Cher: I Should Have Had Children When I Was Older
Pop superstar Cher regrets trying to juggle motherhood with her chart-topping career in the 1970s and believes she would have been a better parent if she'd waited several years to start a family. The "Believe" hitmaker and her first husband Sonny Bono welcomed daughter Chastity in 1969, when the singer was just 23 and their double act Sonny & Cher was at the height of its success.
She later married rocker Gregg Allman and had a second child, son Elijah, in 1976. But Cher was often so busy balancing her job as an entertainer and a mother, she fears she failed to lavish her kids with the attention they needed.
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", the 64-year-old says, "I have been a good mother in fits and starts, but when you do work like mine, and I'm like most working mothers - they never feel like they're doing a good job because they're never able to devote enough time. I have a lot of regrets about my parenting... Maybe I should have had children when I was older." The "20/20" chat airs on Friday night, November 19.
More Cher News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal