Cher: I Should Have Had Children When I Was Older
Pop superstar Cher regrets trying to juggle motherhood with her chart-topping career in the 1970s and believes she would have been a better parent if she'd waited several years to start a family. The "Believe" hitmaker and her first husband Sonny Bono welcomed daughter Chastity in 1969, when the singer was just 23 and their double act Sonny & Cher was at the height of its success.
She later married rocker Gregg Allman and had a second child, son Elijah, in 1976. But Cher was often so busy balancing her job as an entertainer and a mother, she fears she failed to lavish her kids with the attention they needed.
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", the 64-year-old says, "I have been a good mother in fits and starts, but when you do work like mine, and I'm like most working mothers - they never feel like they're doing a good job because they're never able to devote enough time. I have a lot of regrets about my parenting... Maybe I should have had children when I was older." The "20/20" chat airs on Friday night, November 19.
More Cher News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour