Cher: I Should Have Had Children When I Was Older
Pop superstar Cher regrets trying to juggle motherhood with her chart-topping career in the 1970s and believes she would have been a better parent if she'd waited several years to start a family. The "Believe" hitmaker and her first husband Sonny Bono welcomed daughter Chastity in 1969, when the singer was just 23 and their double act Sonny & Cher was at the height of its success.
She later married rocker Gregg Allman and had a second child, son Elijah, in 1976. But Cher was often so busy balancing her job as an entertainer and a mother, she fears she failed to lavish her kids with the attention they needed.
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", the 64-year-old says, "I have been a good mother in fits and starts, but when you do work like mine, and I'm like most working mothers - they never feel like they're doing a good job because they're never able to devote enough time. I have a lot of regrets about my parenting... Maybe I should have had children when I was older." The "20/20" chat airs on Friday night, November 19.
More Cher News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding