Cher: I Should Have Had Children When I Was Older
Pop superstar Cher regrets trying to juggle motherhood with her chart-topping career in the 1970s and believes she would have been a better parent if she'd waited several years to start a family. The "Believe" hitmaker and her first husband Sonny Bono welcomed daughter Chastity in 1969, when the singer was just 23 and their double act Sonny & Cher was at the height of its success.
She later married rocker Gregg Allman and had a second child, son Elijah, in 1976. But Cher was often so busy balancing her job as an entertainer and a mother, she fears she failed to lavish her kids with the attention they needed.
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", the 64-year-old says, "I have been a good mother in fits and starts, but when you do work like mine, and I'm like most working mothers - they never feel like they're doing a good job because they're never able to devote enough time. I have a lot of regrets about my parenting... Maybe I should have had children when I was older." The "20/20" chat airs on Friday night, November 19.
More Cher News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'