M.I.A. Cancels Liverpool Show After Son Falls Sick
Hip-hop star M.I.A. has scrapped her Friday night, November 19 concert in Liverpool, England to care for her sick son. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was scheduled to take the stage at Liverpool Academy, but her management axed the show at short notice due to "unforeseen circumstances".
M.I.A. has since taken to her Twitter to fully explain the cancellation. She writes, "my baby is sick @ home in london i m sorry to my liverpool fans, but ill b in leeds 2maro (sic) c u there (sic)."
Another performer who also recently canceled a show is Smokey Robinson. The soul legend, who was due to be honored by both the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, as well as a local breast cancer charity, at the Smokey Robinson Day celebrations this week, has pulled out of the events after falling sick.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences