M.I.A. Cancels Liverpool Show After Son Falls Sick
Hip-hop star M.I.A. has scrapped her Friday night, November 19 concert in Liverpool, England to care for her sick son. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was scheduled to take the stage at Liverpool Academy, but her management axed the show at short notice due to "unforeseen circumstances".
M.I.A. has since taken to her Twitter to fully explain the cancellation. She writes, "my baby is sick @ home in london i m sorry to my liverpool fans, but ill b in leeds 2maro (sic) c u there (sic)."
Another performer who also recently canceled a show is Smokey Robinson. The soul legend, who was due to be honored by both the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, as well as a local breast cancer charity, at the Smokey Robinson Day celebrations this week, has pulled out of the events after falling sick.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie