M.I.A. Cancels Liverpool Show After Son Falls Sick
Hip-hop star M.I.A. has scrapped her Friday night, November 19 concert in Liverpool, England to care for her sick son. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was scheduled to take the stage at Liverpool Academy, but her management axed the show at short notice due to "unforeseen circumstances".
M.I.A. has since taken to her Twitter to fully explain the cancellation. She writes, "my baby is sick @ home in london i m sorry to my liverpool fans, but ill b in leeds 2maro (sic) c u there (sic)."
Another performer who also recently canceled a show is Smokey Robinson. The soul legend, who was due to be honored by both the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, as well as a local breast cancer charity, at the Smokey Robinson Day celebrations this week, has pulled out of the events after falling sick.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics