M.I.A. Cancels Liverpool Show After Son Falls Sick
Hip-hop star M.I.A. has scrapped her Friday night, November 19 concert in Liverpool, England to care for her sick son. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was scheduled to take the stage at Liverpool Academy, but her management axed the show at short notice due to "unforeseen circumstances".
M.I.A. has since taken to her Twitter to fully explain the cancellation. She writes, "my baby is sick @ home in london i m sorry to my liverpool fans, but ill b in leeds 2maro (sic) c u there (sic)."
Another performer who also recently canceled a show is Smokey Robinson. The soul legend, who was due to be honored by both the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, as well as a local breast cancer charity, at the Smokey Robinson Day celebrations this week, has pulled out of the events after falling sick.
More M.I.A. News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival