M.I.A. Cancels Liverpool Show After Son Falls Sick
Hip-hop star M.I.A. has scrapped her Friday night, November 19 concert in Liverpool, England to care for her sick son. The "Paper Planes" hitmaker was scheduled to take the stage at Liverpool Academy, but her management axed the show at short notice due to "unforeseen circumstances".
M.I.A. has since taken to her Twitter to fully explain the cancellation. She writes, "my baby is sick @ home in london i m sorry to my liverpool fans, but ill b in leeds 2maro (sic) c u there (sic)."
Another performer who also recently canceled a show is Smokey Robinson. The soul legend, who was due to be honored by both the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago, as well as a local breast cancer charity, at the Smokey Robinson Day celebrations this week, has pulled out of the events after falling sick.
More M.I.A. News
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub