Official: Rapper Eyedea Died of Accidental Overdose
The death of rapper Michael 'Eyedea' Larsen has been ruled an accidental drug overdose. The hip-hop star's mother, Kathy Averill, discovered his body at his home in St. Paul, Minnesota on October 16, a month before his 29th birthday. Autopsy results from the Ramsey County medical examiners' office show he died from opiate toxicity, reports AllHipHop.com.
The overdose was ruled accidental and there is no specific drugs mentioned as contributing factors. Ironically, Averill said after his death that his son did not suffer from any addictions.
Eyedea is one half of underground hip-hip duo Eyedea & Abilities. He was remembered at a public service in St. Paul on October 28 and a musical tribute to the rapper was held at Minneapolis' First Avenue club on November 9, which would have been his 29th birthday.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen