Official: Rapper Eyedea Died of Accidental Overdose
The death of rapper Michael 'Eyedea' Larsen has been ruled an accidental drug overdose. The hip-hop star's mother, Kathy Averill, discovered his body at his home in St. Paul, Minnesota on October 16, a month before his 29th birthday. Autopsy results from the Ramsey County medical examiners' office show he died from opiate toxicity, reports AllHipHop.com.
The overdose was ruled accidental and there is no specific drugs mentioned as contributing factors. Ironically, Averill said after his death that his son did not suffer from any addictions.
Eyedea is one half of underground hip-hip duo Eyedea & Abilities. He was remembered at a public service in St. Paul on October 28 and a musical tribute to the rapper was held at Minneapolis' First Avenue club on November 9, which would have been his 29th birthday.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake