Producers Keen on Extending Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice'
Broadway producers are in talks with Al Pacino to extend his critically acclaimed run in "The Merchant of Venice". "The Godfather" star tackles the role of money-lender Shylock, opposite actress Lily Rabe in the Shakespeare play, and has won high praise from critics for what they insist is the best performance of the current theater season.
The New York revival of the classic play is making in excess of $1 million a week at the box office - unprecedented figures for a non-musical - and theater bosses are keen to add more dates to the limited run, reports the New York Times.
Pacino and Rabe are currently committed to a total of 78 performances at the Broadhurst Theatre and their final Broadway bow is scheduled to take place on January 9.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation