Producers Keen on Extending Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice'
Broadway producers are in talks with Al Pacino to extend his critically acclaimed run in "The Merchant of Venice". "The Godfather" star tackles the role of money-lender Shylock, opposite actress Lily Rabe in the Shakespeare play, and has won high praise from critics for what they insist is the best performance of the current theater season.
The New York revival of the classic play is making in excess of $1 million a week at the box office - unprecedented figures for a non-musical - and theater bosses are keen to add more dates to the limited run, reports the New York Times.
Pacino and Rabe are currently committed to a total of 78 performances at the Broadhurst Theatre and their final Broadway bow is scheduled to take place on January 9.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image