Producers Keen on Extending Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice'
Broadway producers are in talks with Al Pacino to extend his critically acclaimed run in "The Merchant of Venice". "The Godfather" star tackles the role of money-lender Shylock, opposite actress Lily Rabe in the Shakespeare play, and has won high praise from critics for what they insist is the best performance of the current theater season.
The New York revival of the classic play is making in excess of $1 million a week at the box office - unprecedented figures for a non-musical - and theater bosses are keen to add more dates to the limited run, reports the New York Times.
Pacino and Rabe are currently committed to a total of 78 performances at the Broadhurst Theatre and their final Broadway bow is scheduled to take place on January 9.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?