Producers Keen on Extending Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice'
Broadway producers are in talks with Al Pacino to extend his critically acclaimed run in "The Merchant of Venice". "The Godfather" star tackles the role of money-lender Shylock, opposite actress Lily Rabe in the Shakespeare play, and has won high praise from critics for what they insist is the best performance of the current theater season.
The New York revival of the classic play is making in excess of $1 million a week at the box office - unprecedented figures for a non-musical - and theater bosses are keen to add more dates to the limited run, reports the New York Times.
Pacino and Rabe are currently committed to a total of 78 performances at the Broadhurst Theatre and their final Broadway bow is scheduled to take place on January 9.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris