Producers Keen on Extending Al Pacino's 'Merchant of Venice'
Broadway producers are in talks with Al Pacino to extend his critically acclaimed run in "The Merchant of Venice". "The Godfather" star tackles the role of money-lender Shylock, opposite actress Lily Rabe in the Shakespeare play, and has won high praise from critics for what they insist is the best performance of the current theater season.
The New York revival of the classic play is making in excess of $1 million a week at the box office - unprecedented figures for a non-musical - and theater bosses are keen to add more dates to the limited run, reports the New York Times.
Pacino and Rabe are currently committed to a total of 78 performances at the Broadhurst Theatre and their final Broadway bow is scheduled to take place on January 9.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win