DMX Arrested on Suspicion of Parole Violation
Embattled rapper DMX is in trouble with the law again - the hip-hop star was arrested in Phoenix, Arizona on Thursday, November 18 on suspicion of parole violation. The rap star - real name Earl Simmons - has served two stints in prison this year and most recently walked free in August after serving 18 days of a 90-day sentence in connection with a reckless driving conviction from 2002.
Simmons was detained by police in Phoenix on Thursday evening, November 18 after allegedly violating the terms of his release and failing to check in with his probation officer, according to Myfoxphoenix. The rapper has been ordered to attend a probation revocation hearing on November 24 which could see him jailed for a third time in 2010 if he is deemed to have broken court rules.
Simmons served time in jail in Arizona earlier this year for a previous parole violation charge - he was released in July after four months behind bars.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences