Eddie Montgomery to Undergo Prostate Cancer Surgery in December
Montgomery Gentry star Eddie Montgomery has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. The country star, who fronts the duo with his longtime collaborator Troy Gentry, has confirmed the news in a statement to fans and revealed he will undergo surgery in December.
He says, "Yes, rumors have started. And the truth is I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I will be undergoing surgery to remove the cancerous tumor in December. I will be back in January ready to rock for all the fans! Please keep my family and I in your prayers."
The band is currently on tour in Canada, with dates scheduled to wrap up in early December.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'