Kelsey Grammer Returns to Small Screen for 'Boss'
Kelsey Grammer is heading back to TV in a new show directed by "Milk" moviemaker Gus Van Sant. The former "Frasier" star is swapping comedy for a tense political drama called "Boss", which will mark Oscar-nominee Van Sant's first small screen venture.
Grammer will star as the fictional Mayor of Chicago, Illinois who is diagnosed with a degenerative mental condition that only he and his doctor know about, according to Deadline. The show is said to be inspired by Shakespeare's "King Lear".
In the early 1980s, Kelsey Grammer began his television career by portraying Stephen Smith in NBC's "Kennedy". Later on, he guest-starred in "Medium".
More Kelsey Grammer News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce