Leonardo DiCaprio and Dad Working on John F. Kennedy Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio is teaming up with his dad George to produce a new movie about the assassination of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. The DiCaprios are adapting the book "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination" for the big screen and plan to release the movie in 2013, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's murder.
The politician was shot dead in 1963 while he was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie.
According to Variety, the "Titanic" star is expected to play Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant Jack Van Laningham, who got close to Mafia boss Carlos Marcello to determine if he was involved in a plot against Kennedy.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri