Leonardo DiCaprio and Dad Working on John F. Kennedy Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio is teaming up with his dad George to produce a new movie about the assassination of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. The DiCaprios are adapting the book "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination" for the big screen and plan to release the movie in 2013, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's murder.
The politician was shot dead in 1963 while he was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie.
According to Variety, the "Titanic" star is expected to play Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant Jack Van Laningham, who got close to Mafia boss Carlos Marcello to determine if he was involved in a plot against Kennedy.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby