Leonardo DiCaprio and Dad Working on John F. Kennedy Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio is teaming up with his dad George to produce a new movie about the assassination of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. The DiCaprios are adapting the book "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination" for the big screen and plan to release the movie in 2013, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's murder.
The politician was shot dead in 1963 while he was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie.
According to Variety, the "Titanic" star is expected to play Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant Jack Van Laningham, who got close to Mafia boss Carlos Marcello to determine if he was involved in a plot against Kennedy.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'