Leonardo DiCaprio and Dad Working on John F. Kennedy Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio is teaming up with his dad George to produce a new movie about the assassination of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. The DiCaprios are adapting the book "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination" for the big screen and plan to release the movie in 2013, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's murder.
The politician was shot dead in 1963 while he was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie.
According to Variety, the "Titanic" star is expected to play Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant Jack Van Laningham, who got close to Mafia boss Carlos Marcello to determine if he was involved in a plot against Kennedy.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'