Leonardo DiCaprio and Dad Working on John F. Kennedy Movie
Leonardo DiCaprio is teaming up with his dad George to produce a new movie about the assassination of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy. The DiCaprios are adapting the book "Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination" for the big screen and plan to release the movie in 2013, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of Kennedy's murder.
The politician was shot dead in 1963 while he was riding in a motorcade through Dallas, Texas with his wife Jackie.
According to Variety, the "Titanic" star is expected to play Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant Jack Van Laningham, who got close to Mafia boss Carlos Marcello to determine if he was involved in a plot against Kennedy.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic