Christine Anu Wed Her High School Sweetheart
Australian singer Christine Anu has married her high school sweetheart after they were reunited on social networking site Facebook.com. The pop star was just 14 years old when she fell for Simon Deutrom but the pair lost touch after their school closed.
Their romance was reignited three years ago when Deutrom contacted Anu online and now the couple has celebrated its relationship by exchanging vows in a clifftop ceremony on Anu's native Torres Strait Islands in Australia.
The star tells New Idea magazine, "I perform in front of many thousands of people, so I thought I'd be pretty calm about the wedding. But I couldn't believe how nervous I was on the day!"
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?