Christine Anu Wed Her High School Sweetheart
Australian singer Christine Anu has married her high school sweetheart after they were reunited on social networking site Facebook.com. The pop star was just 14 years old when she fell for Simon Deutrom but the pair lost touch after their school closed.
Their romance was reignited three years ago when Deutrom contacted Anu online and now the couple has celebrated its relationship by exchanging vows in a clifftop ceremony on Anu's native Torres Strait Islands in Australia.
The star tells New Idea magazine, "I perform in front of many thousands of people, so I thought I'd be pretty calm about the wedding. But I couldn't believe how nervous I was on the day!"
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'