Christine Anu Wed Her High School Sweetheart
Australian singer Christine Anu has married her high school sweetheart after they were reunited on social networking site Facebook.com. The pop star was just 14 years old when she fell for Simon Deutrom but the pair lost touch after their school closed.
Their romance was reignited three years ago when Deutrom contacted Anu online and now the couple has celebrated its relationship by exchanging vows in a clifftop ceremony on Anu's native Torres Strait Islands in Australia.
The star tells New Idea magazine, "I perform in front of many thousands of people, so I thought I'd be pretty calm about the wedding. But I couldn't believe how nervous I was on the day!"
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'