Christine Anu Wed Her High School Sweetheart
Australian singer Christine Anu has married her high school sweetheart after they were reunited on social networking site Facebook.com. The pop star was just 14 years old when she fell for Simon Deutrom but the pair lost touch after their school closed.
Their romance was reignited three years ago when Deutrom contacted Anu online and now the couple has celebrated its relationship by exchanging vows in a clifftop ceremony on Anu's native Torres Strait Islands in Australia.
The star tells New Idea magazine, "I perform in front of many thousands of people, so I thought I'd be pretty calm about the wedding. But I couldn't believe how nervous I was on the day!"
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce