Christine Anu Wed Her High School Sweetheart
Australian singer Christine Anu has married her high school sweetheart after they were reunited on social networking site Facebook.com. The pop star was just 14 years old when she fell for Simon Deutrom but the pair lost touch after their school closed.
Their romance was reignited three years ago when Deutrom contacted Anu online and now the couple has celebrated its relationship by exchanging vows in a clifftop ceremony on Anu's native Torres Strait Islands in Australia.
The star tells New Idea magazine, "I perform in front of many thousands of people, so I thought I'd be pretty calm about the wedding. But I couldn't believe how nervous I was on the day!"
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'