AC/DC Win Headline Performance of the Year
AC/DC's larger-than-life set at Britain's Download Festival this summer has landed the rock legends a top award. The Aussie rockers' gig was voted the Headline Performance of the Year at the annual U.K. Festival Awards ceremony in London on Thursday night, November 18.
The band pulled out all the stops when they performed at the festival in June - fireworks erupted and an enormous steam train with inflatable horns burst onto the stage as the stars opened with "Rock 'N Roll Train". Their two-hour show also saw guitarist Angus Young flash the crowd his boxer shorts and frontman Brian Johnson swing from a giant bell as they played "Hells Bells".
Other winners at the prizegiving included folk rockers Mumford & Sons, who were voted the Best Breakthrough Act, and Florence and the Machine, whose cover of "You've Got the Love" was branded the Anthem of the Summer. Scottish singer Paolo Nutini was named the Feel Good Act of the Summer, while Biffy Clyro won the Virtual Festivals Critics' Choice Award for their performance at the legendary Glastonbury Festival.
More AC/DC News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video