AC/DC Win Headline Performance of the Year
AC/DC's larger-than-life set at Britain's Download Festival this summer has landed the rock legends a top award. The Aussie rockers' gig was voted the Headline Performance of the Year at the annual U.K. Festival Awards ceremony in London on Thursday night, November 18.
The band pulled out all the stops when they performed at the festival in June - fireworks erupted and an enormous steam train with inflatable horns burst onto the stage as the stars opened with "Rock 'N Roll Train". Their two-hour show also saw guitarist Angus Young flash the crowd his boxer shorts and frontman Brian Johnson swing from a giant bell as they played "Hells Bells".
Other winners at the prizegiving included folk rockers Mumford & Sons, who were voted the Best Breakthrough Act, and Florence and the Machine, whose cover of "You've Got the Love" was branded the Anthem of the Summer. Scottish singer Paolo Nutini was named the Feel Good Act of the Summer, while Biffy Clyro won the Virtual Festivals Critics' Choice Award for their performance at the legendary Glastonbury Festival.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs