AC/DC Win Headline Performance of the Year
AC/DC's larger-than-life set at Britain's Download Festival this summer has landed the rock legends a top award. The Aussie rockers' gig was voted the Headline Performance of the Year at the annual U.K. Festival Awards ceremony in London on Thursday night, November 18.
The band pulled out all the stops when they performed at the festival in June - fireworks erupted and an enormous steam train with inflatable horns burst onto the stage as the stars opened with "Rock 'N Roll Train". Their two-hour show also saw guitarist Angus Young flash the crowd his boxer shorts and frontman Brian Johnson swing from a giant bell as they played "Hells Bells".
Other winners at the prizegiving included folk rockers Mumford & Sons, who were voted the Best Breakthrough Act, and Florence and the Machine, whose cover of "You've Got the Love" was branded the Anthem of the Summer. Scottish singer Paolo Nutini was named the Feel Good Act of the Summer, while Biffy Clyro won the Virtual Festivals Critics' Choice Award for their performance at the legendary Glastonbury Festival.
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards