AC/DC Win Headline Performance of the Year
AC/DC's larger-than-life set at Britain's Download Festival this summer has landed the rock legends a top award. The Aussie rockers' gig was voted the Headline Performance of the Year at the annual U.K. Festival Awards ceremony in London on Thursday night, November 18.
The band pulled out all the stops when they performed at the festival in June - fireworks erupted and an enormous steam train with inflatable horns burst onto the stage as the stars opened with "Rock 'N Roll Train". Their two-hour show also saw guitarist Angus Young flash the crowd his boxer shorts and frontman Brian Johnson swing from a giant bell as they played "Hells Bells".
Other winners at the prizegiving included folk rockers Mumford & Sons, who were voted the Best Breakthrough Act, and Florence and the Machine, whose cover of "You've Got the Love" was branded the Anthem of the Summer. Scottish singer Paolo Nutini was named the Feel Good Act of the Summer, while Biffy Clyro won the Virtual Festivals Critics' Choice Award for their performance at the legendary Glastonbury Festival.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert