Wesley Snipes Must Surrender to Cops to Begin Three-Year Jail Stint
Actor Wesley Snipes has been ordered to surrender to federal authorities immediately and begin serving his three-year sentence for tax evasion. The "Blade" star was found guilty of failing to file returns when he stood trial in 2008, but his lawyers appealed the verdict and he was freed on bail to challenge the ruling.
He lost the appeal in July and was due to surrender to police on September 2 - but a U.S. District Court judge granted him a postponement pending a retrial hearing in November. But in court on Friday, November 19, Snipes was told he must turn himself in. The actor was not present for the hearing.
In a 17-page order, obtained by The Sidney Morning Herald, U.S. District Court Judge William Terrell Hodges said, "The defendant Snipes had a fair trial; he has had a full, fair and thorough review of his conviction and sentence by the Court of Appeals; and he has had a full, fair and thorough review of his present claims, during all of which he has remained at liberty. The time has come for the judgment to be enforced."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!