The Who's Roger Daltrey Blasts Simon Cowell's Shows
Roger Daltrey is the latest rocker to take aim at Simon Cowell over his U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - branding the hit show a "slump" the music industry must recover from. The Who legend's rant follows Sir Elton John's recent outburst, in which he branded the talent show "a**e-paralyzingly brain crippling".
Madness star Suggs, Suede's Brett Anderson and New Order rocker Bernard Sumner have also recently lined up to blast Cowell. Daltrey claims Cowell has "belittled" music by manufacturing pop stars on his series - and he's convinced rock icons The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and his own band would never have passed the audition stage of the contest.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "We really need to break away from 'The X Factor' and 'American Idol' - that Simon Cowell thing. I really think the music industry will beat this slump and come back stronger."
"Groups like The Who, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles wouldn't have made it past the audition stage, let alone be shown on TV. That's the joke of it. The music they make on the shows is absolute tripe. He's made a good industry out of it, but it's belittled the power of music. He wouldn't know what the 'X Factor' was if it bit him on the b**locks."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture