Mark Ruffallo Used to Starving Himself as Wrestler
Mark Ruffalo is adjusting well to the grueling training he is undergoing for his shirt-ripping new role as The Hulk - because he was once a high-school wrestling champ. The 42-year-old actor is set to replace Edward Norton as Dr. Bruce Banner and his monstrous alter-ego in upcoming superhero movie "The Avengers, and is already eating plenty and working out to get in shape.
But Ruffalo has been through the pain of toning up his body before - he followed in his dad's footsteps and won medals as a student wrestler. He tells E! Online, "They (film bosses) want me mean and lean, but they don't want me big and buff. I gotta keep building and building and building. You have to eat to build muscle."
"I was a wrestler. I'm used to starving myself. It's easy for me. The last two weeks you just walk around spitting into a cup."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'