Mark Ruffallo Used to Starving Himself as Wrestler
Mark Ruffalo is adjusting well to the grueling training he is undergoing for his shirt-ripping new role as The Hulk - because he was once a high-school wrestling champ. The 42-year-old actor is set to replace Edward Norton as Dr. Bruce Banner and his monstrous alter-ego in upcoming superhero movie "The Avengers, and is already eating plenty and working out to get in shape.
But Ruffalo has been through the pain of toning up his body before - he followed in his dad's footsteps and won medals as a student wrestler. He tells E! Online, "They (film bosses) want me mean and lean, but they don't want me big and buff. I gotta keep building and building and building. You have to eat to build muscle."
"I was a wrestler. I'm used to starving myself. It's easy for me. The last two weeks you just walk around spitting into a cup."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special