Mark Ruffallo Used to Starving Himself as Wrestler
Mark Ruffalo is adjusting well to the grueling training he is undergoing for his shirt-ripping new role as The Hulk - because he was once a high-school wrestling champ. The 42-year-old actor is set to replace Edward Norton as Dr. Bruce Banner and his monstrous alter-ego in upcoming superhero movie "The Avengers, and is already eating plenty and working out to get in shape.
But Ruffalo has been through the pain of toning up his body before - he followed in his dad's footsteps and won medals as a student wrestler. He tells E! Online, "They (film bosses) want me mean and lean, but they don't want me big and buff. I gotta keep building and building and building. You have to eat to build muscle."
"I was a wrestler. I'm used to starving myself. It's easy for me. The last two weeks you just walk around spitting into a cup."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child