Pad Where Heath Ledger Died Is Up for Sale
The New York City apartment where Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose is back on the market. Ledger was renting the downtown Manhattan apartment for $23,000 a month at the time of his death in January 2008.
The property was reportedly sold through a foreclosure auction last July after sitting empty since the "Brokeback Mountain" star's untimely demise. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month - for $5 million.
The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale, according to E! Online. The building was originally built in 1873 and designed by architect Griffith Thomas. Ledger rented the three-bedroom loft on the fourth floor.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert