Pad Where Heath Ledger Died Is Up for Sale
The New York City apartment where Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose is back on the market. Ledger was renting the downtown Manhattan apartment for $23,000 a month at the time of his death in January 2008.
The property was reportedly sold through a foreclosure auction last July after sitting empty since the "Brokeback Mountain" star's untimely demise. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month - for $5 million.
The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale, according to E! Online. The building was originally built in 1873 and designed by architect Griffith Thomas. Ledger rented the three-bedroom loft on the fourth floor.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd