Pad Where Heath Ledger Died Is Up for Sale
The New York City apartment where Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose is back on the market. Ledger was renting the downtown Manhattan apartment for $23,000 a month at the time of his death in January 2008.
The property was reportedly sold through a foreclosure auction last July after sitting empty since the "Brokeback Mountain" star's untimely demise. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month - for $5 million.
The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale, according to E! Online. The building was originally built in 1873 and designed by architect Griffith Thomas. Ledger rented the three-bedroom loft on the fourth floor.
More Heath Ledger News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby