Pad Where Heath Ledger Died Is Up for Sale
The New York City apartment where Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose is back on the market. Ledger was renting the downtown Manhattan apartment for $23,000 a month at the time of his death in January 2008.
The property was reportedly sold through a foreclosure auction last July after sitting empty since the "Brokeback Mountain" star's untimely demise. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month - for $5 million.
The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale, according to E! Online. The building was originally built in 1873 and designed by architect Griffith Thomas. Ledger rented the three-bedroom loft on the fourth floor.
More Heath Ledger News
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified
- Scott Gimple Teases Rick's Death in 'The Walking Dead' Season 8