Pad Where Heath Ledger Died Is Up for Sale
The New York City apartment where Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose is back on the market. Ledger was renting the downtown Manhattan apartment for $23,000 a month at the time of his death in January 2008.
The property was reportedly sold through a foreclosure auction last July after sitting empty since the "Brokeback Mountain" star's untimely demise. However, the Broome Street property was put up for sale earlier this month - for $5 million.
The current owners have completely gutted the apartment to make way for a major renovation to boost chances of a sale, according to E! Online. The building was originally built in 1873 and designed by architect Griffith Thomas. Ledger rented the three-bedroom loft on the fourth floor.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says