Daniel Radcliffe Practicing Dancing Nine Hours a Week for Broadway Musical
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe is taking dance lessons to make sure he doesn't "screw up" onstage in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway. The young Brit was reminded just how awful his dancing is when he had to shuffle around to a Nick Cave tune with co-star Emma Watson in the new "Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I", and he's determined to look like a professional by the time he takes his Broadway bow in 2011.
He tells WENN, "Emma is actually quite a good dancer, so it was for me to muddle through. I'm a c**p dancer but next year on Broadway for 'How to Succeed in Business' I hope to see a large improvement... Dancing is something I've never done before. I'm taking lessons. Generally speaking, I've been doing about nine hours a week of training, so if I screw up it's not for lack of trying. We start rehearsals in January, previewing in February and we open in March."
Radcliffe admits he's very excited about the thought of his first musical, saying "My part has never been played by somebody my age before. I think that makes it quite exciting. When someone in their 30s is playing it, he's kind of a manipulative douche but when you've got somebody my age playing it you attribute it to youthful chutzpah."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'