Daniel Radcliffe Practicing Dancing Nine Hours a Week for Broadway Musical
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe is taking dance lessons to make sure he doesn't "screw up" onstage in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway. The young Brit was reminded just how awful his dancing is when he had to shuffle around to a Nick Cave tune with co-star Emma Watson in the new "Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I", and he's determined to look like a professional by the time he takes his Broadway bow in 2011.
He tells WENN, "Emma is actually quite a good dancer, so it was for me to muddle through. I'm a c**p dancer but next year on Broadway for 'How to Succeed in Business' I hope to see a large improvement... Dancing is something I've never done before. I'm taking lessons. Generally speaking, I've been doing about nine hours a week of training, so if I screw up it's not for lack of trying. We start rehearsals in January, previewing in February and we open in March."
Radcliffe admits he's very excited about the thought of his first musical, saying "My part has never been played by somebody my age before. I think that makes it quite exciting. When someone in their 30s is playing it, he's kind of a manipulative douche but when you've got somebody my age playing it you attribute it to youthful chutzpah."
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified