Daniel Radcliffe Practicing Dancing Nine Hours a Week for Broadway Musical
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe is taking dance lessons to make sure he doesn't "screw up" onstage in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway. The young Brit was reminded just how awful his dancing is when he had to shuffle around to a Nick Cave tune with co-star Emma Watson in the new "Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I", and he's determined to look like a professional by the time he takes his Broadway bow in 2011.
He tells WENN, "Emma is actually quite a good dancer, so it was for me to muddle through. I'm a c**p dancer but next year on Broadway for 'How to Succeed in Business' I hope to see a large improvement... Dancing is something I've never done before. I'm taking lessons. Generally speaking, I've been doing about nine hours a week of training, so if I screw up it's not for lack of trying. We start rehearsals in January, previewing in February and we open in March."
Radcliffe admits he's very excited about the thought of his first musical, saying "My part has never been played by somebody my age before. I think that makes it quite exciting. When someone in their 30s is playing it, he's kind of a manipulative douche but when you've got somebody my age playing it you attribute it to youthful chutzpah."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says