Daniel Radcliffe Practicing Dancing Nine Hours a Week for Broadway Musical
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe is taking dance lessons to make sure he doesn't "screw up" onstage in the musical "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway. The young Brit was reminded just how awful his dancing is when he had to shuffle around to a Nick Cave tune with co-star Emma Watson in the new "Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I", and he's determined to look like a professional by the time he takes his Broadway bow in 2011.
He tells WENN, "Emma is actually quite a good dancer, so it was for me to muddle through. I'm a c**p dancer but next year on Broadway for 'How to Succeed in Business' I hope to see a large improvement... Dancing is something I've never done before. I'm taking lessons. Generally speaking, I've been doing about nine hours a week of training, so if I screw up it's not for lack of trying. We start rehearsals in January, previewing in February and we open in March."
Radcliffe admits he's very excited about the thought of his first musical, saying "My part has never been played by somebody my age before. I think that makes it quite exciting. When someone in their 30s is playing it, he's kind of a manipulative douche but when you've got somebody my age playing it you attribute it to youthful chutzpah."
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!