Tom Felton to Torture His Residents in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Harry Potter" villain Tom Felton is heading for another major movie franchise after confirming he's signed on for the "Planet of the Apes" prequel. But the Brit won't be aping it up on screen in "Caesar: Rise of the Apes" - he'll play a human in the film.
He tells WENN, "It's called 'Rise of the Apes' and it is a fantastic story and explanation of how the apes from 'Planet of the Apes' came to power. It's definitely one of the best scripts I've ever read. The first question my friends asked was, 'Are you playing a human?' and when I said yes they were quite disappointed - because they wanted to see me as a monkey."
"We've got Andy Serkis, from "Lord of the Ring"s, playing the lead ape all with motion capture. It's really pushing the boundaries of "Avatar"-style CGI, so it's gonna really set a new precedent I think." On his character, he explains, "In the film my character's father owns a primate facility. Of course I'm not the kindest man to my residents and I torture them with a whole host of weapons."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie