Tom Felton to Torture His Residents in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Harry Potter" villain Tom Felton is heading for another major movie franchise after confirming he's signed on for the "Planet of the Apes" prequel. But the Brit won't be aping it up on screen in "Caesar: Rise of the Apes" - he'll play a human in the film.
He tells WENN, "It's called 'Rise of the Apes' and it is a fantastic story and explanation of how the apes from 'Planet of the Apes' came to power. It's definitely one of the best scripts I've ever read. The first question my friends asked was, 'Are you playing a human?' and when I said yes they were quite disappointed - because they wanted to see me as a monkey."
"We've got Andy Serkis, from "Lord of the Ring"s, playing the lead ape all with motion capture. It's really pushing the boundaries of "Avatar"-style CGI, so it's gonna really set a new precedent I think." On his character, he explains, "In the film my character's father owns a primate facility. Of course I'm not the kindest man to my residents and I torture them with a whole host of weapons."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'