Tom Felton to Torture His Residents in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Harry Potter" villain Tom Felton is heading for another major movie franchise after confirming he's signed on for the "Planet of the Apes" prequel. But the Brit won't be aping it up on screen in "Caesar: Rise of the Apes" - he'll play a human in the film.
He tells WENN, "It's called 'Rise of the Apes' and it is a fantastic story and explanation of how the apes from 'Planet of the Apes' came to power. It's definitely one of the best scripts I've ever read. The first question my friends asked was, 'Are you playing a human?' and when I said yes they were quite disappointed - because they wanted to see me as a monkey."
"We've got Andy Serkis, from "Lord of the Ring"s, playing the lead ape all with motion capture. It's really pushing the boundaries of "Avatar"-style CGI, so it's gonna really set a new precedent I think." On his character, he explains, "In the film my character's father owns a primate facility. Of course I'm not the kindest man to my residents and I torture them with a whole host of weapons."
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters