Tom Felton to Torture His Residents in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Harry Potter" villain Tom Felton is heading for another major movie franchise after confirming he's signed on for the "Planet of the Apes" prequel. But the Brit won't be aping it up on screen in "Caesar: Rise of the Apes" - he'll play a human in the film.
He tells WENN, "It's called 'Rise of the Apes' and it is a fantastic story and explanation of how the apes from 'Planet of the Apes' came to power. It's definitely one of the best scripts I've ever read. The first question my friends asked was, 'Are you playing a human?' and when I said yes they were quite disappointed - because they wanted to see me as a monkey."
"We've got Andy Serkis, from "Lord of the Ring"s, playing the lead ape all with motion capture. It's really pushing the boundaries of "Avatar"-style CGI, so it's gonna really set a new precedent I think." On his character, he explains, "In the film my character's father owns a primate facility. Of course I'm not the kindest man to my residents and I torture them with a whole host of weapons."
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director