Tom Felton to Torture His Residents in 'Rise of the Apes'
"Harry Potter" villain Tom Felton is heading for another major movie franchise after confirming he's signed on for the "Planet of the Apes" prequel. But the Brit won't be aping it up on screen in "Caesar: Rise of the Apes" - he'll play a human in the film.
He tells WENN, "It's called 'Rise of the Apes' and it is a fantastic story and explanation of how the apes from 'Planet of the Apes' came to power. It's definitely one of the best scripts I've ever read. The first question my friends asked was, 'Are you playing a human?' and when I said yes they were quite disappointed - because they wanted to see me as a monkey."
"We've got Andy Serkis, from "Lord of the Ring"s, playing the lead ape all with motion capture. It's really pushing the boundaries of "Avatar"-style CGI, so it's gonna really set a new precedent I think." On his character, he explains, "In the film my character's father owns a primate facility. Of course I'm not the kindest man to my residents and I torture them with a whole host of weapons."
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo