Donald Trump to Decide About Running for U.S. President in Summer 2011
Property mogul-turned-reality TV star Donald Trump is seriously considering running for U.S. president in 2012, because he wants to show the world America is not a country "led by fools". The businessman admits there is some truth to rumors of his political aspirations and he's mulling over the idea of entering the race for the White House when current leader Barack Obama's first term in office is up in two years' time.
In an interview on U.S. TV's "Good Morning America", he says, "I am thinking about things. I'm looking at this country and what's happened in terms of respect. And the respect for this country is just not there. I have many people from China that I do business with; they laugh at us. They feel we're fools, and almost being led by fools. And they can't believe what they're getting away with."
"I'd love to see some positive things for this country. When people say they don't respect our country... We cannot let the rest of the world beat us up, we're like a whipping post right now."
If Trump does decide to launch a bid for the presidency, he will stay true to his current political allegiance and run as a Republican - and he insists he'd be willing to stand against former 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, should she announce her own intentions to run for office once again.
He adds, "I've seen what she's done. Do not underestimate her. I would take her on. Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I'd take her on." But Trump will be keeping the media guessing about whether he will run for president until next summer, "I'd make a decision probably by June."
More Donald Trump News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy