Donald Trump to Decide About Running for U.S. President in Summer 2011
Property mogul-turned-reality TV star Donald Trump is seriously considering running for U.S. president in 2012, because he wants to show the world America is not a country "led by fools". The businessman admits there is some truth to rumors of his political aspirations and he's mulling over the idea of entering the race for the White House when current leader Barack Obama's first term in office is up in two years' time.
In an interview on U.S. TV's "Good Morning America", he says, "I am thinking about things. I'm looking at this country and what's happened in terms of respect. And the respect for this country is just not there. I have many people from China that I do business with; they laugh at us. They feel we're fools, and almost being led by fools. And they can't believe what they're getting away with."
"I'd love to see some positive things for this country. When people say they don't respect our country... We cannot let the rest of the world beat us up, we're like a whipping post right now."
If Trump does decide to launch a bid for the presidency, he will stay true to his current political allegiance and run as a Republican - and he insists he'd be willing to stand against former 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, should she announce her own intentions to run for office once again.
He adds, "I've seen what she's done. Do not underestimate her. I would take her on. Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I'd take her on." But Trump will be keeping the media guessing about whether he will run for president until next summer, "I'd make a decision probably by June."
More Donald Trump News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart