Mel Gibson Fights to Take Custody of Lucia From Oksana Grigorieva
Mel Gibson's lawyers have launched a bid to strip the star's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva of her custody rights regarding their child, insisting she is not acting in the best interests of the child. The former couple has been battling over little Lucia since splitting earlier this year and Grigorieva spoke candidly about claims she was beaten by the actor on news show "Larry King Live", which aired in the U.S. on Wednesday night, November 17.
The Russian singer opened up about the allegedly abusive relationship, claiming she feared for her life when her ex reportedly struck her during a heated argument in January. Gibson's legal advisors have pounced on the interview and are preparing to argue that her false and derogatory public comments about the actor suggest she's only interested in damaging his reputation, reports TMZ.com.
His lawyers want Los Angeles court Judge Scott Gordon to grant Gibson custody of Lucia and only allow Grigorieva monitored visits during the day. Judge Gordon had previously warned the Russian not to discuss the case with the press or risk losing custody of the tot.
A hearing has been set for Monday, November 22.
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly