Bruno Mars' Court Date Postponed to Unknown Date
R&B singer Bruno Mars' court date to face a felony charge of drug possession has been postponed. The "Just the Way You Are" star was arrested in Las Vegas in September after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel allegedly caught him with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, was due to appear in a Sin City courtroom on Thursday, November 18, but he now won't have to appear in person until a later date, according to his lawyer, David Chesnoff. The attorney tells the Associated Press the songwriter's court date will be rescheduled.
Mars has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine. No reason for the postponement has been given.
More Bruno Mars News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image