Bruno Mars' Court Date Postponed to Unknown Date
R&B singer Bruno Mars' court date to face a felony charge of drug possession has been postponed. The "Just the Way You Are" star was arrested in Las Vegas in September after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel allegedly caught him with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, was due to appear in a Sin City courtroom on Thursday, November 18, but he now won't have to appear in person until a later date, according to his lawyer, David Chesnoff. The attorney tells the Associated Press the songwriter's court date will be rescheduled.
Mars has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine. No reason for the postponement has been given.
More Bruno Mars News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert