Bruno Mars' Court Date Postponed to Unknown Date
R&B singer Bruno Mars' court date to face a felony charge of drug possession has been postponed. The "Just the Way You Are" star was arrested in Las Vegas in September after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel allegedly caught him with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, was due to appear in a Sin City courtroom on Thursday, November 18, but he now won't have to appear in person until a later date, according to his lawyer, David Chesnoff. The attorney tells the Associated Press the songwriter's court date will be rescheduled.
Mars has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine. No reason for the postponement has been given.
More Bruno Mars News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated