Bruno Mars' Court Date Postponed to Unknown Date
R&B singer Bruno Mars' court date to face a felony charge of drug possession has been postponed. The "Just the Way You Are" star was arrested in Las Vegas in September after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel allegedly caught him with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, was due to appear in a Sin City courtroom on Thursday, November 18, but he now won't have to appear in person until a later date, according to his lawyer, David Chesnoff. The attorney tells the Associated Press the songwriter's court date will be rescheduled.
Mars has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine. No reason for the postponement has been given.
More Bruno Mars News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'