Bruno Mars' Court Date Postponed to Unknown Date
R&B singer Bruno Mars' court date to face a felony charge of drug possession has been postponed. The "Just the Way You Are" star was arrested in Las Vegas in September after a bathroom attendant at the Hard Rock Hotel allegedly caught him with a bag of white powder, which tested positive for cocaine.
Mars, real name Peter Hernandez, was due to appear in a Sin City courtroom on Thursday, November 18, but he now won't have to appear in person until a later date, according to his lawyer, David Chesnoff. The attorney tells the Associated Press the songwriter's court date will be rescheduled.
Mars has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, which carries a maximum of four years in jail and a $5,000 fine. No reason for the postponement has been given.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group