Kate Middleton Visited Westminster Abbey as Possible Wedding Venue
Prince William's fiancee Kate Middleton fueled rumors the couple has chosen London's Westminster Abbey as their wedding venue after she was seen paying a late night visit to the building on Wednesday, November 17.
The British royal announced his engagement on Tuesday, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer next year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
Middleton was spotted paying an out-of-hours visit to the abbey just a day after the engagement became public. She was without her partner, who has returned to Wales to continue work as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot. A St James' Palace spokesman has confirmed the couple has put forward "clear direction" on "dates and "venues" but they want to consult their families before making a final decision.
The representative says, "Miss Middleton paid a short, private visit to Westminster Abbey in order to be able to consider it as an option. The couple wish for a little more time to be able to consult family members and make a decision for themselves."
"All options are on the table and they've given us clear direction in terms of dates and venues. Now our job is to consult with the relevant parties - the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, the Middletons and other parties - and report back. We will give them the results of that consultation so they are in a position to make a decision."
Westminster Abbey has been used as a venue for royal coronations since 1066, but a wedding at the venue will be full of sad memories for Prince William, as his mother's funeral was held at the church in 1997.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed