Kate Middleton Visited Westminster Abbey as Possible Wedding Venue
Prince William's fiancee Kate Middleton fueled rumors the couple has chosen London's Westminster Abbey as their wedding venue after she was seen paying a late night visit to the building on Wednesday, November 17.
The British royal announced his engagement on Tuesday, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer next year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
Middleton was spotted paying an out-of-hours visit to the abbey just a day after the engagement became public. She was without her partner, who has returned to Wales to continue work as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot. A St James' Palace spokesman has confirmed the couple has put forward "clear direction" on "dates and "venues" but they want to consult their families before making a final decision.
The representative says, "Miss Middleton paid a short, private visit to Westminster Abbey in order to be able to consider it as an option. The couple wish for a little more time to be able to consult family members and make a decision for themselves."
"All options are on the table and they've given us clear direction in terms of dates and venues. Now our job is to consult with the relevant parties - the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall, the Middletons and other parties - and report back. We will give them the results of that consultation so they are in a position to make a decision."
Westminster Abbey has been used as a venue for royal coronations since 1066, but a wedding at the venue will be full of sad memories for Prince William, as his mother's funeral was held at the church in 1997.
More Prince William News
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding