Dappy: N-Dubz Are the New Black Eyed Peas
Record label boss Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has hailed British hip-hop act N-Dubz as the "new era of the Black Eyed Peas", according to rapper Dappy. The trio is preparing to break America with its new album "Best Behavior" after signing a deal with Reid's U.S. label Def Jam.
And the music executive is reportedly so impressed with N-Dubz stars Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, he's adamant they will be bigger than the "I Gotta Feeling" hitmakers. Dappy tells Britain's The Sun, "L.A. Reid sat me and Tulisa down. We sold him what we do by performing for him and he said it was like watching a ping-pong game. He was like, 'I get it, I get it. You guys don't need to change s**t - you've got it.' "
"He said we are the new era of the Black Eyed Peas. In two years he said we're going to be bigger than them. Fingers crossed, if we can keep out of trouble, if we are humble and grateful, then we can do it. -- "No more bad stuff. We don't need to go clubbing, playing around and girls. This is business - I've got will.i.am's crown to steal."
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights