Dappy: N-Dubz Are the New Black Eyed Peas
Record label boss Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has hailed British hip-hop act N-Dubz as the "new era of the Black Eyed Peas", according to rapper Dappy. The trio is preparing to break America with its new album "Best Behavior" after signing a deal with Reid's U.S. label Def Jam.
And the music executive is reportedly so impressed with N-Dubz stars Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, he's adamant they will be bigger than the "I Gotta Feeling" hitmakers. Dappy tells Britain's The Sun, "L.A. Reid sat me and Tulisa down. We sold him what we do by performing for him and he said it was like watching a ping-pong game. He was like, 'I get it, I get it. You guys don't need to change s**t - you've got it.' "
"He said we are the new era of the Black Eyed Peas. In two years he said we're going to be bigger than them. Fingers crossed, if we can keep out of trouble, if we are humble and grateful, then we can do it. -- "No more bad stuff. We don't need to go clubbing, playing around and girls. This is business - I've got will.i.am's crown to steal."
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'