Dappy: N-Dubz Are the New Black Eyed Peas
Record label boss Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has hailed British hip-hop act N-Dubz as the "new era of the Black Eyed Peas", according to rapper Dappy. The trio is preparing to break America with its new album "Best Behavior" after signing a deal with Reid's U.S. label Def Jam.
And the music executive is reportedly so impressed with N-Dubz stars Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, he's adamant they will be bigger than the "I Gotta Feeling" hitmakers. Dappy tells Britain's The Sun, "L.A. Reid sat me and Tulisa down. We sold him what we do by performing for him and he said it was like watching a ping-pong game. He was like, 'I get it, I get it. You guys don't need to change s**t - you've got it.' "
"He said we are the new era of the Black Eyed Peas. In two years he said we're going to be bigger than them. Fingers crossed, if we can keep out of trouble, if we are humble and grateful, then we can do it. -- "No more bad stuff. We don't need to go clubbing, playing around and girls. This is business - I've got will.i.am's crown to steal."
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard