Dappy: N-Dubz Are the New Black Eyed Peas
Record label boss Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has hailed British hip-hop act N-Dubz as the "new era of the Black Eyed Peas", according to rapper Dappy. The trio is preparing to break America with its new album "Best Behavior" after signing a deal with Reid's U.S. label Def Jam.
And the music executive is reportedly so impressed with N-Dubz stars Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, he's adamant they will be bigger than the "I Gotta Feeling" hitmakers. Dappy tells Britain's The Sun, "L.A. Reid sat me and Tulisa down. We sold him what we do by performing for him and he said it was like watching a ping-pong game. He was like, 'I get it, I get it. You guys don't need to change s**t - you've got it.' "
"He said we are the new era of the Black Eyed Peas. In two years he said we're going to be bigger than them. Fingers crossed, if we can keep out of trouble, if we are humble and grateful, then we can do it. -- "No more bad stuff. We don't need to go clubbing, playing around and girls. This is business - I've got will.i.am's crown to steal."
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free