Dappy: N-Dubz Are the New Black Eyed Peas
Record label boss Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has hailed British hip-hop act N-Dubz as the "new era of the Black Eyed Peas", according to rapper Dappy. The trio is preparing to break America with its new album "Best Behavior" after signing a deal with Reid's U.S. label Def Jam.
And the music executive is reportedly so impressed with N-Dubz stars Tulisa, Dappy and Fazer, he's adamant they will be bigger than the "I Gotta Feeling" hitmakers. Dappy tells Britain's The Sun, "L.A. Reid sat me and Tulisa down. We sold him what we do by performing for him and he said it was like watching a ping-pong game. He was like, 'I get it, I get it. You guys don't need to change s**t - you've got it.' "
"He said we are the new era of the Black Eyed Peas. In two years he said we're going to be bigger than them. Fingers crossed, if we can keep out of trouble, if we are humble and grateful, then we can do it. -- "No more bad stuff. We don't need to go clubbing, playing around and girls. This is business - I've got will.i.am's crown to steal."
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Works With Beau The Weeknd on New Song Titled 'In Her Element'