George Clooney Feted at Ripple of Hope Awards
George Clooney was honored for his charity work at a glitzy gala in New York City on Wednesday night, November 17. The Hollywood actor attended the Ripple of Hope Awards at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, where he was celebrated for his philanthropic efforts.
Clooney took to the stage to pick up a trophy at the ceremony, which is held by the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights, as his proud father, Nick, and girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis watched from the audience.
Clooney has long campaigned for peace in the Sudan - he filmed a documentary there in 2008 to chronicle the atrocities in the troubled Darfur region after the country was embroiled in civil war and recently met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss the issue.
More George Clooney News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert