George Clooney Feted at Ripple of Hope Awards
George Clooney was honored for his charity work at a glitzy gala in New York City on Wednesday night, November 17. The Hollywood actor attended the Ripple of Hope Awards at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, where he was celebrated for his philanthropic efforts.
Clooney took to the stage to pick up a trophy at the ceremony, which is held by the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights, as his proud father, Nick, and girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis watched from the audience.
Clooney has long campaigned for peace in the Sudan - he filmed a documentary there in 2008 to chronicle the atrocities in the troubled Darfur region after the country was embroiled in civil war and recently met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss the issue.
More George Clooney News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked