George Clooney Feted at Ripple of Hope Awards
George Clooney was honored for his charity work at a glitzy gala in New York City on Wednesday night, November 17. The Hollywood actor attended the Ripple of Hope Awards at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, where he was celebrated for his philanthropic efforts.
Clooney took to the stage to pick up a trophy at the ceremony, which is held by the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights, as his proud father, Nick, and girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis watched from the audience.
Clooney has long campaigned for peace in the Sudan - he filmed a documentary there in 2008 to chronicle the atrocities in the troubled Darfur region after the country was embroiled in civil war and recently met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss the issue.
More George Clooney News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes