George Clooney Feted at Ripple of Hope Awards
George Clooney was honored for his charity work at a glitzy gala in New York City on Wednesday night, November 17. The Hollywood actor attended the Ripple of Hope Awards at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, where he was celebrated for his philanthropic efforts.
Clooney took to the stage to pick up a trophy at the ceremony, which is held by the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights, as his proud father, Nick, and girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis watched from the audience.
Clooney has long campaigned for peace in the Sudan - he filmed a documentary there in 2008 to chronicle the atrocities in the troubled Darfur region after the country was embroiled in civil war and recently met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss the issue.
More George Clooney News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'