Tyra Banks Revealed Directing Debut at 'ANTM' Semi-Final
Tyra Banks is adding to her business empire - she has stepped behind the camera to create a mini-movie. The former supermodel has branched out into business, creating a TV empire with her worldwide hit reality show "America's Next Top Model" and her own talk show, as well as being an accomplished photographer.
And she can now add director to her resume - on an upcoming episode of her model hunt, Banks will make and edit an "over-the-top Italian drama" to showcase the remaining beauties in the current season of the competition. Banks admits learning about moviemaking was a challenge.
She tells People.com, "A lot of designers and people in the fashion industry are feeling like the future of fashion is not just still photos, but they've been doing mini-movies where the models are acting things out."
"Photography has been my own personal hobby for the last eight years, so I was ready for movement. But it was so hard. It was 100 degrees and the girls were really struggling with the heat. But when I got to editing, I was like, 'Oh my god, I love this!'"
The episode aired on Wednesday, November 17 and eliminated two girls, Kayla Ferrel and Jane Randall. The December 1 finale will thus be between Ann Ward and Chelsey Hersley. "Disturbato" meanwhile can be seen here.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Taps Kristen Stewart as the Next Host
- Armie Hammer Responds to 'Green Lantern Corps' Rumor
- Big Sean Performs 'Bounce Back', Premieres 'Sunday Morning Jetpack' on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Louis Tomlinson Reunites With Briana Jungwirth to Celebrate Their Son's 1st Birthday
- Luke Bryan to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl
- 'Veronica Mars' Boss Hints at Potential Revival
- Artist of the Week: Kehlani
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington