Portia de Rossi Accused of Discrimination Against Males
Actress Portia de Rossi has come under fire from a top TV host in her native Australia after allegedly refusing to be interviewed by male journalists while promoting her new book Down Under. The former "Ally McBeal", who is married to comedienne Ellen DeGeneres, is currently on a promotional tour for her memoirs, "Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain". The book chronicles her battles with anorexia and her sexuality.
But the star has caused controversy in Australia after reportedly insisting that no men interview her. David Koch, the host of hit morning show "Sunrise", reveals he was furious when the actress' team asked for his co-host, Melissa Doyle, to chat to the star via satellite from Los Angeles - accusing the actress of "discrimination".
He tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "If a male said I don't want to be interviewed by a woman, there would be a massive outcry of discrimination. Obviously she has got issues and I feel quite sorry for her... I admire what she and Ellen have done for community tolerance and inclusiveness. But it is a real contradiction for what she stands for, which really surprises me. Maybe she is uncomfortable with men, but she plays opposite male leads."
De Rossi has also reportedly turned down the chance to chat to male radio double-act Hamish Blake and Andy Lee on their hit show.
More Portia de Rossi News
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart