Portia de Rossi Accused of Discrimination Against Males
Actress Portia de Rossi has come under fire from a top TV host in her native Australia after allegedly refusing to be interviewed by male journalists while promoting her new book Down Under. The former "Ally McBeal", who is married to comedienne Ellen DeGeneres, is currently on a promotional tour for her memoirs, "Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain". The book chronicles her battles with anorexia and her sexuality.
But the star has caused controversy in Australia after reportedly insisting that no men interview her. David Koch, the host of hit morning show "Sunrise", reveals he was furious when the actress' team asked for his co-host, Melissa Doyle, to chat to the star via satellite from Los Angeles - accusing the actress of "discrimination".
He tells the Sydney Morning Herald, "If a male said I don't want to be interviewed by a woman, there would be a massive outcry of discrimination. Obviously she has got issues and I feel quite sorry for her... I admire what she and Ellen have done for community tolerance and inclusiveness. But it is a real contradiction for what she stands for, which really surprises me. Maybe she is uncomfortable with men, but she plays opposite male leads."
De Rossi has also reportedly turned down the chance to chat to male radio double-act Hamish Blake and Andy Lee on their hit show.
More Portia de Rossi News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'