Nicki Minaj Lost Her Childhood Home After Her Dad Burned It Down
Rapper Nicki Minaj was briefly left homeless as a child when her father set her family home on fire. The "Your Love" hitmaker was born in Trinidad and lived there until the age of five. She reveals her childhood home was burned to the ground after a fight between her parents sent her dad into a fiery rage.
Luckily the hip-hop star and her brother had been sent to live with a family friend the day before the incident - because her mum had had a vision about the blaze. She says, "He did burn the house down. It wasn't an attempt, he did! My mother was in the house and she had to run out at the last minute."
"She had a dream the night before that the house was going to be burned down so she had me and my brother sleep at a friend's house. And at three in the morning they woke us up and said, 'You have to go to your house, something's happened.' We ran four or five blocks (home) and we just saw smoke."
Minaj's family soon relocated to Queens, New York.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World