Nicki Minaj Lost Her Childhood Home After Her Dad Burned It Down
Rapper Nicki Minaj was briefly left homeless as a child when her father set her family home on fire. The "Your Love" hitmaker was born in Trinidad and lived there until the age of five. She reveals her childhood home was burned to the ground after a fight between her parents sent her dad into a fiery rage.
Luckily the hip-hop star and her brother had been sent to live with a family friend the day before the incident - because her mum had had a vision about the blaze. She says, "He did burn the house down. It wasn't an attempt, he did! My mother was in the house and she had to run out at the last minute."
"She had a dream the night before that the house was going to be burned down so she had me and my brother sleep at a friend's house. And at three in the morning they woke us up and said, 'You have to go to your house, something's happened.' We ran four or five blocks (home) and we just saw smoke."
Minaj's family soon relocated to Queens, New York.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video