Nicki Minaj Lost Her Childhood Home After Her Dad Burned It Down
Rapper Nicki Minaj was briefly left homeless as a child when her father set her family home on fire. The "Your Love" hitmaker was born in Trinidad and lived there until the age of five. She reveals her childhood home was burned to the ground after a fight between her parents sent her dad into a fiery rage.
Luckily the hip-hop star and her brother had been sent to live with a family friend the day before the incident - because her mum had had a vision about the blaze. She says, "He did burn the house down. It wasn't an attempt, he did! My mother was in the house and she had to run out at the last minute."
"She had a dream the night before that the house was going to be burned down so she had me and my brother sleep at a friend's house. And at three in the morning they woke us up and said, 'You have to go to your house, something's happened.' We ran four or five blocks (home) and we just saw smoke."
Minaj's family soon relocated to Queens, New York.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7