Nicki Minaj Lost Her Childhood Home After Her Dad Burned It Down
Rapper Nicki Minaj was briefly left homeless as a child when her father set her family home on fire. The "Your Love" hitmaker was born in Trinidad and lived there until the age of five. She reveals her childhood home was burned to the ground after a fight between her parents sent her dad into a fiery rage.
Luckily the hip-hop star and her brother had been sent to live with a family friend the day before the incident - because her mum had had a vision about the blaze. She says, "He did burn the house down. It wasn't an attempt, he did! My mother was in the house and she had to run out at the last minute."
"She had a dream the night before that the house was going to be burned down so she had me and my brother sleep at a friend's house. And at three in the morning they woke us up and said, 'You have to go to your house, something's happened.' We ran four or five blocks (home) and we just saw smoke."
Minaj's family soon relocated to Queens, New York.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival