Matt Goss' Sister's Death Made Him Sober
Singer Matt Goss vowed never to touch drugs following the death of his beloved sister in a car crash - because he doesn't want to "waste a moment" of his life. The star was at the height of his fame with Bros in 1988 when sibling Carolyn was killed in a smash caused by a drunk driver.
Goss was devastated to lose his sister and her death made him realise how precious life is - he made the decision never to "dilute" his emotions by using substances. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "A drunk driver killed my sister when we were in them middle of Bros - it's very sobering when your little sister gets killed. The reality for me is that she is the reason, even though I've never had desire to do drugs, that I don't like them."
"I like to be present in my mind and in my life. Even through pain like that, I don't want to dilute it with substances. I want to be present and aware of my pain and the same goes for my joy. I want to feel those experiences. When my sister was killed I said to myself, 'I'm never going to waste a moment of my life'."
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'