Matt Goss' Sister's Death Made Him Sober
Singer Matt Goss vowed never to touch drugs following the death of his beloved sister in a car crash - because he doesn't want to "waste a moment" of his life. The star was at the height of his fame with Bros in 1988 when sibling Carolyn was killed in a smash caused by a drunk driver.
Goss was devastated to lose his sister and her death made him realise how precious life is - he made the decision never to "dilute" his emotions by using substances. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "A drunk driver killed my sister when we were in them middle of Bros - it's very sobering when your little sister gets killed. The reality for me is that she is the reason, even though I've never had desire to do drugs, that I don't like them."
"I like to be present in my mind and in my life. Even through pain like that, I don't want to dilute it with substances. I want to be present and aware of my pain and the same goes for my joy. I want to feel those experiences. When my sister was killed I said to myself, 'I'm never going to waste a moment of my life'."
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films