Matt Goss' Sister's Death Made Him Sober
Singer Matt Goss vowed never to touch drugs following the death of his beloved sister in a car crash - because he doesn't want to "waste a moment" of his life. The star was at the height of his fame with Bros in 1988 when sibling Carolyn was killed in a smash caused by a drunk driver.
Goss was devastated to lose his sister and her death made him realise how precious life is - he made the decision never to "dilute" his emotions by using substances. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "A drunk driver killed my sister when we were in them middle of Bros - it's very sobering when your little sister gets killed. The reality for me is that she is the reason, even though I've never had desire to do drugs, that I don't like them."
"I like to be present in my mind and in my life. Even through pain like that, I don't want to dilute it with substances. I want to be present and aware of my pain and the same goes for my joy. I want to feel those experiences. When my sister was killed I said to myself, 'I'm never going to waste a moment of my life'."
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'