Matt Goss' Sister's Death Made Him Sober
Singer Matt Goss vowed never to touch drugs following the death of his beloved sister in a car crash - because he doesn't want to "waste a moment" of his life. The star was at the height of his fame with Bros in 1988 when sibling Carolyn was killed in a smash caused by a drunk driver.
Goss was devastated to lose his sister and her death made him realise how precious life is - he made the decision never to "dilute" his emotions by using substances. He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "A drunk driver killed my sister when we were in them middle of Bros - it's very sobering when your little sister gets killed. The reality for me is that she is the reason, even though I've never had desire to do drugs, that I don't like them."
"I like to be present in my mind and in my life. Even through pain like that, I don't want to dilute it with substances. I want to be present and aware of my pain and the same goes for my joy. I want to feel those experiences. When my sister was killed I said to myself, 'I'm never going to waste a moment of my life'."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed