Eminem Had Similar Sleeping Problem to Michael Jackson
Eminem can sympathize with Michael Jackson because the rapper's well-documented drug issues turned him into an insomniac mess. The "Lose Yourself" hitmaker has opened up about his past drug hell in the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, revealing he started taking sleeping pills while he was shooting biographical movie "8 Mile" - so he could turn off his brain and relax when he wasn't filming.
But he quickly became dependent on sleep medication and then built up his tolerance against the prescription drugs, turning to other pills to help him relax. He soon became an addict to Valium, Vicodin and other drugs and admits he was "f**ked up every night" on the Anger Management Tour in 2005.
Eminem reveals, "I was taking so many pills that I wasn't even taking them to get high anymore. I was taking them to get normal... I want to say in a day I could consume anywhere from 40 to 60 Valium. And Vicodin? Maybe 20, 30."
"My everyday regimen would be, wake up in the morning and take an extra strength Vicodin... and it'd be Vicodin throughout the day. Than, as the evening crept up... I'd start with a Valium or two, or three, or four. And every hour on the hour, I'd pop four or five more. The Ambien would put me over the top to go to sleep."
But a series of Christmas overdose dramas sent Eminem into rehab and counseling and now he can look back and thank his good fortune that he didn't become a sad insomniac like tragic Jackson. He tells the publication, "Toward the end, I don't think the s**t (drugs) would put me to sleep for more than two hours. It's very similar to what I've read about Michael. I don't know exactly what he was doing, but I read that he kept getting up in the middle of the night, asking for more (drugs). That's what I was doing."
More Eminem News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?