Emma Watson Almost Quit 'Harry Potter' to Join Exams
Emma Watson is "very grateful" "Harry Potter" bosses re-scheduled shooting to accommodate her exams - because she would have been "public enemy number one" if she had been forced to pull out of the franchise. The British beauty sparked speculation she was set to quit the hugely successful series in 2006 when she was studying for her school qualifications, as she wouldn't have time to fit in reading for her university entry exams if she shot the wizard tale.
However chiefs at the Warner Bros. studios ensured Watson would be able to study by moving back her filming commitments - and the star admits she was relieved she didn't have to upset Potter devotees by dropping out. She tells MTV.com, "I would have been public enemy number one, I think, if I hadn't continued (with filming). I did think about that."
"I always try and make decisions in my life based on what's right for me and I just try and be true to myself. It was mainly to do with scheduling and I had a real fight on my hands to ensure that I was able to go to university and I was able to sit my (exams) A-levels, because the schedule they handed to me didn't really allow for any of that and I just wasn't prepared to let it go."
"(But) they (Warner Bros.) essentially moved the Harry Potter film schedule around my exam dates, which was amazing. It all worked out. I feel very lucky. Warner Bros. has been very supportive of me keeping this education thing going. I'm very grateful."
More Emma Watson News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed