Emma Watson Almost Quit 'Harry Potter' to Join Exams
Emma Watson is "very grateful" "Harry Potter" bosses re-scheduled shooting to accommodate her exams - because she would have been "public enemy number one" if she had been forced to pull out of the franchise. The British beauty sparked speculation she was set to quit the hugely successful series in 2006 when she was studying for her school qualifications, as she wouldn't have time to fit in reading for her university entry exams if she shot the wizard tale.
However chiefs at the Warner Bros. studios ensured Watson would be able to study by moving back her filming commitments - and the star admits she was relieved she didn't have to upset Potter devotees by dropping out. She tells MTV.com, "I would have been public enemy number one, I think, if I hadn't continued (with filming). I did think about that."
"I always try and make decisions in my life based on what's right for me and I just try and be true to myself. It was mainly to do with scheduling and I had a real fight on my hands to ensure that I was able to go to university and I was able to sit my (exams) A-levels, because the schedule they handed to me didn't really allow for any of that and I just wasn't prepared to let it go."
"(But) they (Warner Bros.) essentially moved the Harry Potter film schedule around my exam dates, which was amazing. It all worked out. I feel very lucky. Warner Bros. has been very supportive of me keeping this education thing going. I'm very grateful."
More Emma Watson News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton