Rosie O'Donnell Announces She Is Free of Cancer
Rosie O'Donnell has received the all clear after undergoing biopsies to determine whether two lumps in her breasts were cancerous. The "A League of Their Own" actress, 48, feared she was facing a battle with the killer disease after doctors found worrying shadows during a routine MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan.
She underwent biopsies on both breasts earlier this month and was thrilled when she received a text message giving her the all-clear. On a blog update entitled "Cancer Free", the star writes, "A two word text/and everything changes/thank you/amen."
O'Donnell's own mother died of breast cancer aged just 39.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together