Rosie O'Donnell Announces She Is Free of Cancer
Rosie O'Donnell has received the all clear after undergoing biopsies to determine whether two lumps in her breasts were cancerous. The "A League of Their Own" actress, 48, feared she was facing a battle with the killer disease after doctors found worrying shadows during a routine MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan.
She underwent biopsies on both breasts earlier this month and was thrilled when she received a text message giving her the all-clear. On a blog update entitled "Cancer Free", the star writes, "A two word text/and everything changes/thank you/amen."
O'Donnell's own mother died of breast cancer aged just 39.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones