Rosie O'Donnell Announces She Is Free of Cancer
Rosie O'Donnell has received the all clear after undergoing biopsies to determine whether two lumps in her breasts were cancerous. The "A League of Their Own" actress, 48, feared she was facing a battle with the killer disease after doctors found worrying shadows during a routine MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan.
She underwent biopsies on both breasts earlier this month and was thrilled when she received a text message giving her the all-clear. On a blog update entitled "Cancer Free", the star writes, "A two word text/and everything changes/thank you/amen."
O'Donnell's own mother died of breast cancer aged just 39.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics