Lil Wayne's Comeback Tour Dismissed as Fake
Lil Wayne is at the center of a new concert scam after a bogus promoter posing as his manager Cortez Bryant attempted to cash in on the rapper's newfound freedom by taking bookings for a fake comeback tour.
The "Lollipop" hitmaker walked free from prison in early November after serving eight months for weapons possession charges dating back to 2007. A Bryant impostor has been contacting independent event companies across the U.S. to set up live dates allegedly featuring performances by Wayne and his Young Money crewmembers, including Drake and Nicki Minaj.
But representatives for the real Bryant insist there are no plans as yet for Wayne to tour - and anyone offering such dates are con men. A statement issued to WENN reads: "It has come to light that an individual has been impersonating Bryant Management CEO Cortez Bryant, and Bryant Management operations manager Nina Packer, for financial gain through false bookings of a Lil Wayne featuring Young Money/Cash Money family tour."
"Utilizing phony email addresses... the individual(s) have been targeting independent promoters across the nation in an attempt to solicit dates for a Lil Wayne headlined tour featuring artists such as Nicki Minaj, Drake, Birdman and others for spring 2011." The press release adds any Lil Wayne tours in the U.S. are booked solely by Live Nation.
It's not the first time Wayne's Young Money camp have been embroiled in concert controversy - Drake and Minaj were drawn into similar scandals earlier this year.
More Lil Wayne News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival