Report: David Walliams Offered 'Britain's Got Talent' Spot
Comic David Walliams is in talks to take over one of the judging spots on hit U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent in a $750,000 deal, according to reports. Both Simon Cowell - who created the show - and Piers Morgan are quitting their jobs as panelists to boost their careers Stateside.
Cowell is launching the U.S. version of his hit "The X Factor", while Morgan is taking over Larry King's spot on CNN. And TV bosses are desperate for "Little Britain" funnyman Walliams to take over one of the empty seats - and have offered him a huge pay packet.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "David is a huge fan of the show. It's a big offer, but he's holding out for more (money). He won't commit until he knows exactly who else is on board."
"Britain's Got Talent" hit headlines around the world last year after singer Susan Boyle auditioned for the contest - and quickly became an internet sensation.
More Britain's Got Talent News
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana