Report: David Walliams Offered 'Britain's Got Talent' Spot
Comic David Walliams is in talks to take over one of the judging spots on hit U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent in a $750,000 deal, according to reports. Both Simon Cowell - who created the show - and Piers Morgan are quitting their jobs as panelists to boost their careers Stateside.
Cowell is launching the U.S. version of his hit "The X Factor", while Morgan is taking over Larry King's spot on CNN. And TV bosses are desperate for "Little Britain" funnyman Walliams to take over one of the empty seats - and have offered him a huge pay packet.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "David is a huge fan of the show. It's a big offer, but he's holding out for more (money). He won't commit until he knows exactly who else is on board."
"Britain's Got Talent" hit headlines around the world last year after singer Susan Boyle auditioned for the contest - and quickly became an internet sensation.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show