Report: David Walliams Offered 'Britain's Got Talent' Spot
Comic David Walliams is in talks to take over one of the judging spots on hit U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent in a $750,000 deal, according to reports. Both Simon Cowell - who created the show - and Piers Morgan are quitting their jobs as panelists to boost their careers Stateside.
Cowell is launching the U.S. version of his hit "The X Factor", while Morgan is taking over Larry King's spot on CNN. And TV bosses are desperate for "Little Britain" funnyman Walliams to take over one of the empty seats - and have offered him a huge pay packet.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "David is a huge fan of the show. It's a big offer, but he's holding out for more (money). He won't commit until he knows exactly who else is on board."
"Britain's Got Talent" hit headlines around the world last year after singer Susan Boyle auditioned for the contest - and quickly became an internet sensation.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl