Report: David Walliams Offered 'Britain's Got Talent' Spot
Comic David Walliams is in talks to take over one of the judging spots on hit U.K. TV show "Britain's Got Talent in a $750,000 deal, according to reports. Both Simon Cowell - who created the show - and Piers Morgan are quitting their jobs as panelists to boost their careers Stateside.
Cowell is launching the U.S. version of his hit "The X Factor", while Morgan is taking over Larry King's spot on CNN. And TV bosses are desperate for "Little Britain" funnyman Walliams to take over one of the empty seats - and have offered him a huge pay packet.
A source tells Britain's The Sun, "David is a huge fan of the show. It's a big offer, but he's holding out for more (money). He won't commit until he knows exactly who else is on board."
"Britain's Got Talent" hit headlines around the world last year after singer Susan Boyle auditioned for the contest - and quickly became an internet sensation.
More Britain's Got Talent News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert