Ray Davies Asks Simon Cowell to Save 100 Club
Former The Kinks star Ray Davies has called on Simon Cowell to save London's fabled 100 Club as "payback" for all he's taken out of the British music industry. The "Lola" singer is dismayed to hear the venue, which once hosted concerts by the Sex Pistols and The Rolling Stones, is facing closure due to rising rents in the British capital, and he feels music mogul and talent show boss Cowell should fund the 100 Club's revival.
Davies tells Spinner.com, "Simon Cowell should underwrite the money needed to save the 100 Club. That would be a real payback - the amount of money he takes out of pop music he could put some back in."
"I'm very concerned about the 100 Club. The Kinks played there and it's such an iconic venue. We shouldn't allow things like that to close down. Everything is being overrun by the chain stores and the conglomerates and it such a pity that the 100 Club has to suffer like that."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says