Ray Davies Asks Simon Cowell to Save 100 Club
Former The Kinks star Ray Davies has called on Simon Cowell to save London's fabled 100 Club as "payback" for all he's taken out of the British music industry. The "Lola" singer is dismayed to hear the venue, which once hosted concerts by the Sex Pistols and The Rolling Stones, is facing closure due to rising rents in the British capital, and he feels music mogul and talent show boss Cowell should fund the 100 Club's revival.
Davies tells Spinner.com, "Simon Cowell should underwrite the money needed to save the 100 Club. That would be a real payback - the amount of money he takes out of pop music he could put some back in."
"I'm very concerned about the 100 Club. The Kinks played there and it's such an iconic venue. We shouldn't allow things like that to close down. Everything is being overrun by the chain stores and the conglomerates and it such a pity that the 100 Club has to suffer like that."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake