P. Diddy Denies Feud With Jay-Z Amidst Jay Electronica Signing
P. Diddy has brushed off rumors of a rift with Jay-Z, insisting he was not referring to the rap superstar when he recently tweeted about a pal's betrayal. Diddy was said to be furious with his hip-hop peer for luring mutual friend and rapper Jay Electronica to sign with his label Roc Nation - after spending years trying to convince Erykah Badu's boyfriend to agree a contract with his Bad Boy Records.
But he was beaten to the deal by Jay-Z, who unveiled Electronica as his new artist at a music industry showcase in New York on Saturday, November 13.
Diddy sparked reports of a feud with the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker that day when he took to his Twitter.com page to air out his feelings about a fall out with a friend. He wrote, "Damn it hurts in a whole other way when someone you felt and I mean really felt was your Friend, Betrays you. It hurts when (I) Breathe."
However, the rap mogul has denied Jay-Z was the subject of his online rant. Clearing up the speculation on Monday morning, November 15, he writes, "Before we start the week off with Rumors. I am not mad at Jay Z! I'm not mad at anyone! Jz was not the friend I was referring 2 Be clear (sic)."
More P. Diddy News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video