P. Diddy Denies Feud With Jay-Z Amidst Jay Electronica Signing
P. Diddy has brushed off rumors of a rift with Jay-Z, insisting he was not referring to the rap superstar when he recently tweeted about a pal's betrayal. Diddy was said to be furious with his hip-hop peer for luring mutual friend and rapper Jay Electronica to sign with his label Roc Nation - after spending years trying to convince Erykah Badu's boyfriend to agree a contract with his Bad Boy Records.
But he was beaten to the deal by Jay-Z, who unveiled Electronica as his new artist at a music industry showcase in New York on Saturday, November 13.
Diddy sparked reports of a feud with the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker that day when he took to his Twitter.com page to air out his feelings about a fall out with a friend. He wrote, "Damn it hurts in a whole other way when someone you felt and I mean really felt was your Friend, Betrays you. It hurts when (I) Breathe."
However, the rap mogul has denied Jay-Z was the subject of his online rant. Clearing up the speculation on Monday morning, November 15, he writes, "Before we start the week off with Rumors. I am not mad at Jay Z! I'm not mad at anyone! Jz was not the friend I was referring 2 Be clear (sic)."
More P. Diddy News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift