Jim Carrey Rents Studio to Work on His Paintings
Jim Carrey is taking his venture into the world of art seriously - he's renting space in artist/director Julian Schnabel's New York studio to work on his paintings. The "Mask" star has turned his admiration for art into a creative pastime in recent years and even gifted his then-girlfriend Jenny McCarthy with a special birthday canvas in 2008.
And he's hired workspace at Schnabel's venue in the Big Apple to concentrate on his pieces while he films new movie "Mr. Popper's Penguins" in the city. A source tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Jim is working on a large abstract canvas. His work is actually quite good."
Jim Carrey will soon grace selected U.S. theaters through his portrayal of a gay conman in "I Love You Phillip Morris" which is set to debut on December 13.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death