Jim Carrey Rents Studio to Work on His Paintings
Jim Carrey is taking his venture into the world of art seriously - he's renting space in artist/director Julian Schnabel's New York studio to work on his paintings. The "Mask" star has turned his admiration for art into a creative pastime in recent years and even gifted his then-girlfriend Jenny McCarthy with a special birthday canvas in 2008.
And he's hired workspace at Schnabel's venue in the Big Apple to concentrate on his pieces while he films new movie "Mr. Popper's Penguins" in the city. A source tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Jim is working on a large abstract canvas. His work is actually quite good."
Jim Carrey will soon grace selected U.S. theaters through his portrayal of a gay conman in "I Love You Phillip Morris" which is set to debut on December 13.
More Jim Carrey News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding