Jim Carrey Rents Studio to Work on His Paintings
Jim Carrey is taking his venture into the world of art seriously - he's renting space in artist/director Julian Schnabel's New York studio to work on his paintings. The "Mask" star has turned his admiration for art into a creative pastime in recent years and even gifted his then-girlfriend Jenny McCarthy with a special birthday canvas in 2008.
And he's hired workspace at Schnabel's venue in the Big Apple to concentrate on his pieces while he films new movie "Mr. Popper's Penguins" in the city. A source tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Jim is working on a large abstract canvas. His work is actually quite good."
Jim Carrey will soon grace selected U.S. theaters through his portrayal of a gay conman in "I Love You Phillip Morris" which is set to debut on December 13.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik