Jim Carrey Rents Studio to Work on His Paintings
Jim Carrey is taking his venture into the world of art seriously - he's renting space in artist/director Julian Schnabel's New York studio to work on his paintings. The "Mask" star has turned his admiration for art into a creative pastime in recent years and even gifted his then-girlfriend Jenny McCarthy with a special birthday canvas in 2008.
And he's hired workspace at Schnabel's venue in the Big Apple to concentrate on his pieces while he films new movie "Mr. Popper's Penguins" in the city. A source tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Jim is working on a large abstract canvas. His work is actually quite good."
Jim Carrey will soon grace selected U.S. theaters through his portrayal of a gay conman in "I Love You Phillip Morris" which is set to debut on December 13.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video