Dad Congratulates Jessica Simpson on Her Engagement
Jessica Simpson's dad is thrilled with her new suitor Eric Johnson - he's gone online to congratulate the pair on its engagement. American football star Johnson asked the blonde beauty to be his wife on Thursday, November 11, just days after her first husband Nick Lachey popped the question to his girlfriend Vanessa Minnillo.
And one man is ecstatic about the news - Simpson's manager/father Joe. On his Twitter.com page, he writes, "So very happy for Jess and Eric. May they have a lifetime of joy and happiness." The singer showed off her sparkling ruby and diamond ring at Dillard's department store in Kansas City, Missouri on Saturday, November 13.
A rep has also confirmed the engagement, "Yes, we are excited to confirm that they are engaged!"
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna