Barbara Windsor Handed Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran British actress Barbara Windsor was presented with an outstanding contribution to showbusiness honor at the U.K.'s Variety Club Showbiz Awards on Sunday, November 14. The former "Carry On" star, who recently quit her longrunning role in hit Brit drama "EastEnders" after 16 years, was handed the trophy for her hugely successful career.
The Best Entertainment award was handed to Simon Cowell's TV show "The X Factor", while new "Doctor Who" Matt Smith was the winner of the Inspirational Young Talent prize. Father-and-daughter stars Ray Winstone and Jaime Winstone were both winners - the hardman won Film Actor of the Year and his daughter picked up the Outstanding British Film Award for Made In Dagenham.
Rap trio N-Dubz took home the Recording Artist of the Year award during the ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel, while Russell Watson picked up the classical prize.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts