Barbara Windsor Handed Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran British actress Barbara Windsor was presented with an outstanding contribution to showbusiness honor at the U.K.'s Variety Club Showbiz Awards on Sunday, November 14. The former "Carry On" star, who recently quit her longrunning role in hit Brit drama "EastEnders" after 16 years, was handed the trophy for her hugely successful career.
The Best Entertainment award was handed to Simon Cowell's TV show "The X Factor", while new "Doctor Who" Matt Smith was the winner of the Inspirational Young Talent prize. Father-and-daughter stars Ray Winstone and Jaime Winstone were both winners - the hardman won Film Actor of the Year and his daughter picked up the Outstanding British Film Award for Made In Dagenham.
Rap trio N-Dubz took home the Recording Artist of the Year award during the ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel, while Russell Watson picked up the classical prize.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream