Barbara Windsor Handed Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran British actress Barbara Windsor was presented with an outstanding contribution to showbusiness honor at the U.K.'s Variety Club Showbiz Awards on Sunday, November 14. The former "Carry On" star, who recently quit her longrunning role in hit Brit drama "EastEnders" after 16 years, was handed the trophy for her hugely successful career.
The Best Entertainment award was handed to Simon Cowell's TV show "The X Factor", while new "Doctor Who" Matt Smith was the winner of the Inspirational Young Talent prize. Father-and-daughter stars Ray Winstone and Jaime Winstone were both winners - the hardman won Film Actor of the Year and his daughter picked up the Outstanding British Film Award for Made In Dagenham.
Rap trio N-Dubz took home the Recording Artist of the Year award during the ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel, while Russell Watson picked up the classical prize.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son