Barbara Windsor Handed Lifetime Achievement Award
Veteran British actress Barbara Windsor was presented with an outstanding contribution to showbusiness honor at the U.K.'s Variety Club Showbiz Awards on Sunday, November 14. The former "Carry On" star, who recently quit her longrunning role in hit Brit drama "EastEnders" after 16 years, was handed the trophy for her hugely successful career.
The Best Entertainment award was handed to Simon Cowell's TV show "The X Factor", while new "Doctor Who" Matt Smith was the winner of the Inspirational Young Talent prize. Father-and-daughter stars Ray Winstone and Jaime Winstone were both winners - the hardman won Film Actor of the Year and his daughter picked up the Outstanding British Film Award for Made In Dagenham.
Rap trio N-Dubz took home the Recording Artist of the Year award during the ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel, while Russell Watson picked up the classical prize.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce