Hugh Laurie Regrets Not Signing Up to Hong Kong Police Force
Actor Hugh Laurie regrets not signing up to the Hong Kong police force as a teenager - because he could have retired a long time ago. The "House" star, 51, considered jetting off to the Far East when he was 16 and working for the police force, but gave up on the idea to study at Britain's prestigious Cambridge University.
However, Laurie admits he still thinks about what his life could have been if he'd pursued his first career choice. He tells Britain's Sunday Express, "When I was 16 they were looking for me to serve in the colony. I became fixated on this romantic idea of working on the other side of the world and wearing a duffel coat and probably short trousers. I would have smoked a pipe, been acerbic and reunited young lovers."
"I even got the brochure and sure enough the uniforms were very smart and it was all shaping up well. Now I slightly regret not taking that course as in 2001 all these blokes in the Hong Kong police who would have been in my position would have been retiring at the age of 35."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up